dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADAL View Post
How do you figure ? Couldnt get a bigger pussie cat then a bike geared taller , 1 thooth down on the rear , wet setting . Smoooth . Doesn't mean you have to top it out . I spose i am taliking about a Gasser , which is awesome to begin with .
Spot on Al

I had never ridden on the road like the o.p when I bought my first big bike, a klx250. Had only ridden up to a yz80 many years before.

Well after an hour or so on the 250 (with full fmf system) I was bored and wanted more power. I was a little hesitant to buy the gasser but glad I listened to those who said I'd be fine. It's all in the wrist control I've had some "oh shit" moments but nothing serious.

No one knows how adept the o.p is on a bike but with so much road experience one would assume he's competent, but you never know. You're welcome to buy my klx o.p

While the weight sucks at times it does have advantages, like tractoring right up rocky ascents etc. and it's more stable on the tar. I wouldn't wanna ride my 300 for many km on tar over 80km/h.

GASGAS EC300 2011 NAMBOTIN LIMITED EDITION
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJay84 View Post
Jetting correctly is a recommended practice usually, as is suitable gearing for your intended use. Premix is easier than cleaning your air filter.

Actually it was, as there used to be a KTM200 (available in other countries) with separate oil mixing for commuting.
Yes there was a 200 that had oil injection. No the motor was originally an MX and Enduro motor. Fine if your happy riding it on the road. Personally I wouldn't do it as there are so many better dual sport bikes for that.
Old 6 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADAL View Post
So recommend something with shit boingers then Nutty , Perfect bike , mid 2000 GasGas 300 , cheap , reliable , decent suspension , docile power delivery . Liked my KDX but suspneders were very 90's which were better then my exc. We'll have to agree to disagree i suppose.
I didn't ponder the issue all night Al, GG300 would be perfect.
"Docile power delivery" describes a GG300 perfectly.
Good recommendation! No disagreement from me...
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Lure's in the water..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - free accident replacement motorcycles for non-fault riders. Current rental fleet includes CBR300R, CB500F, CB500X, UK110s...
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggchris View Post
Lure's in the water..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Shh