dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 15-01-2017
DBW Clubman

My kids 2017 KLX110 gets around pretty good with me on it. Good bit of fun
Old 16-01-2017
dbw Pro

Location: Just around the corner from that place over the hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by splints View Post
for your 4yo, give him the pw80 and restrict the throttle, follow on your 200 and enjoy a life of biking....kids will grow into bikes
This is the internet and everyone has an opinion, here's mine. I was on the executive committee of a kids only club for 5 years, I've seen it all. Kids don't grow into bikes, buy one that fits and is appropriate for their skill level. I've seen too many kids crash and burn on machines that are not suitable both physically and for the intended purpose. Many of these kids don't return to riding. Upgrading too soon is another issue. Some kids just have a thing for bikes, many don't. Don't rush it, they all develop at their own pace. The good thing about minis, especially the known brands, is that they hold their value and you'll lose little on the change over.

There is no competition to win by buying your kid a bike too soon, nor getting one that they are unable to handle.
Old 18-01-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Thanks fellas, sound advice. I bought the 4 yo a ttr50 he can touch the ground ok but he'll need a lot of time, that's OK o expected that. I just admitted in another thread that the 10 yo on the 65 was a mistake. Around a track he's OK but trails (back blocks of Tas) he is intimidated. I'm thinking of putting him back on the PW for a few more months and when the confidence is up further I'll look at a small wheel Jap 125/140 etc. We've been having fun riding together but the 10 yo is struggling...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk