Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Beta Forum

Beta Forum My bike is Beta than yours!

Old 23-04-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Nice socks.
Old 23-04-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Good call on the socks. Nice bike too.

From tapatalk but not sent from a fruit based product.
'05 EC300
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

General Manager Close Motorcycles - Honda, Suzuki, GasGas and Kymco in Sydney
Old 24-04-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Gandalf discs aye? Them Betas must have some wizardry. I'd love to ride some Middle Earth ST on one (obviously spell check in effect there)

I didn't think of it when I attended the 2014 Beta ride day but the lower seat height is good. It's similar to my gasser which is a tad tall, but manageable, whereas Kato and Yamahas etc. are too tall for my liking.
Old 24-04-2015
dbw Factory Pro

Let me know how it goes bergman, I will probably buy the same bike at the end of the year, I'm hoping he will do a ride day for them soon that I can take one for a ride see how it feels.

One thing I have read is that there front end is not great at high speed although its Great at the tight stuff.
Old 24-04-2015
dbw Factory Pro

This explains why the suspension is not the best at speed.

Frank Schroeder is Beta through and through. The Export Manager has been at the company for some 30 years, the man bleeds Beta. His passion for the company and their direction is entirely encompassing and pours from him. We spent slightly more than five minutes asking him about the 2015 models.

Like other areas Beta have a very unique direction with the their suspension set-up. What is the idea behind that direction?
“There are few different things behind our suspension choices and direction. Firstly, the business relationship between Beta and Sachs is extremely good, we have good communication and they can provide an excellent, fast response to our requests. For the company it’s great because we say something and they react accordingly. The settings we finalise they implement into the final product. In our experience this is not the case with other companies.
“The actual set–up of the suspension is something we feel works for Italian riding. A huge portion of our bikes are sold in Italy, most of the riding is done in the first 15cm of the travel, it’s not full of big hits. Our normal customer is doing slower, technical riding and for this we think the set-up is perfect. In the past, the people that haven’t liked the suspension set-up have generally come from countries where the riding is more cross-country based. That’s faster riding than we have in Italy. We set the suspension for the technical riding we do here in Italy.
Old 24-04-2015
DBW Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
well not quite brisbane, more around beenleigh but seems he's the beta dealer around these parts.

just got my hands on a nice shiny new RR300 courtesy of extreme enduro dirt bikes. salesmen tend to generally piss me off but the guy running the shop is a mechanic and is passionate about his riding and the bikes he's selling (and riding).

the few times i've bought bikes brand new i've felt the moment i signed on the dotted line they stopped the nice guy routine and were pushing me out of the store but totally different there. this was backed up by two of my riding buddies who got their betas from the same store so pretty sure he's legit.

super keen for the first ride this saturday and letting the bling process commence.
I didn't buy my Beta off him, as he wasn't there when I got mine, but I'm just down the road from Xtreme Enduro....I can absolutely vouch for Andrew - awesome service, and gives a shit about his customers. Will definately be buying my next Beta off him, and will continue to use his shop to help support.

By the way - nice bike...

Nick
Old 24-04-2015
dbw Pro Hero

That suspension description sounds ideal for Betaman.
Old 24-04-2015
dbw Factory Pro

nice bike barry
but you say "known issue seems to be the jetting is a bit rich for australian conditions as it's set up more for europe and the states? but easily fixed with a $15 suzuki needle "

if the guy is a mechanic then why don't he get the jetting right from leaving the work shop?

ktm 350 exc
triumph 800xc 2014
drz 400E
Old 24-04-2015
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd View Post
nice bike barry
but you say "known issue seems to be the jetting is a bit rich for australian conditions as it's set up more for europe and the states? but easily fixed with a $15 suzuki needle "

if the guy is a mechanic then why don't he get the jetting right from leaving the work shop?
Andrew said he has put these bikes on a Dyno and couldn't improve on the stock jetting for maximum horsepower.

Obviously everyone will have their own jetting preference - mine was maximum economy for trail riding and not chasing horsepower at full throttle.

I let him know my settings so hopefully he passes on the info for anyone who asks
EVO250
Old 24-04-2015
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1madgerman View Post
One thing I have read is that there front end is not great at high speed although its Great at the tight stuff.
This is exactly what I have found, I'm a bit scared to ride my 300 as fast as the old CRF but it excels in the single track and technical rocky terrain.
EVO250