dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

View Poll Results: Why do so many turn up to beginners rides and not the graded rides I'm polling it
THE PRESSURE OF THE RIDE GRADE MAKES ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE 15 31.91%
IT'S EASIER TO BLEND IN TO THE CROWD WITH LARGE NUMBERS AND I DON'T LIKE TO BE NOTICED 4 8.51%
ITS THE ORGANISERS I LIKE TO RIDE WITH 6 12.77%
I'M A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY GOTTA BE ABOVE 50 BEFORE I RIDE 2 4.26%
DISCO SUCKS ,YOUR POLLS ARE WAY BETTER 14 29.79%
IF IT WASN'T FOR THESE RIDES I WOULDN'T DO THE DBW RIDES 1 2.13%
GRADE 2 IS WHERE I WANNA RIDE POST MORE OF THEM 6 12.77%
GRADE 3-4 IS TO HARD AT THIS STAGE AND I JUST WANNA GET THE FEELING OF THE RIDES FIRST 9 19.15%
THIS IS THE BEST CHANCE TO MEET LARGE NUMBERS OF DBW CREW 13 27.66%
AFTER A COUPLE OF THESE RIDES I'M GONNA VENTURE OUT WITH CREW I'VE MEET ON THESE RIDES 7 14.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2008
dbw Pro Addict

Thumbs up Why do so many turn up to beginners rides and not the graded rides I'm polling it

The beginners rides seem to be popular and Hamish has suggested that there are plenty of quick riders on these rides , but I'm wondering why they don't get involved with many or any other posted rides ,i know some aren't posted but if you would like to go on a ride you can surely send a pm to the DBW CREW that you know are riding xy destination .

I like the social aspect as well but after riding awhile you realise that dust ,weather , track conditions all play a large part in your decision to go for a ride on a certain day .

Is it the crew that are hosting the ride or the grade , location that are the negatives .

Are these beginner rides the ground work you need to meet crew so you can then venture out on other rides .Meeting similar grade riders on these rides is where your at, before you wanna venture out i suppose is a big possibility .

I thought it timely to ask a few questions while the interest is there from the beginners ride, i know a lot of other DBW CREW are probly thinking the same questions or similar.

THIS IS NOT AIMED AT THE BEGINNERS THEMSELVES ,JUST THOSE THAT MAYBE COULD STEP UP TO A GRADED RIDE OR LEAD A RIDE IN THERE RIDE AREA COMFORT ZONE .
Old 09-11-2008
Shrek

Because there are more grade 2'ers on here then any other grade.

Thanks for your time and effort though

Thread closed.
Old 09-11-2008
dbw Pro Addict

Thumbs up

Your timing is unbelievable , whats with the GERMAN SHEPARD ,you wanna protect your posts , when they gonna make you a mod, i reckon with you moderating stuff , it would put untold pressure on your post count and it would go down . DISCO would rise up and take the lead THEN again you would just change the post counts .

Organise one down in shitesville and see how many wanna go SHREKIE make it a fundraiser you seem to be in fundraiser mode at present .

Shiite same results plenty looking but no one voting or suggesting anything except our own SHREK .Well he was always gonna say something ,he just wanted to set the scene and be first. I did save second for myself.
Old 09-11-2008
dbw Pro

[QUOTE=Shrek;725432]Because there are more grade 2'ers on here then any other grade.

+ 1

Good riders like to help, and enjoy seeing new riders conquer obstacles.

Ringtail
Old 09-11-2008
dbw Pro Addict

i tried to make sense of the post message, then went to the Poll & got more confused, another quality Meslowmoment
Old 09-11-2008
dbw Pro Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dags View Post
i tried to make sense of the post message, then went to the Poll & got more confused, another quality Meslowmoment
best you go on the next ride then and find out why , may take all the confusion out of it for you .
Old 09-11-2008
dbw Pro Addict

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=ringtail525;725442]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
Because there are more grade 2'ers on here then any other grade.

+ 1

Good riders like to help, and enjoy seeing new riders conquer obstacles.

Ringtail
True ,but good riders also like to see capable riders come on rides that suit there ability ,and conquer obstacles, maybe just maybe ,they may like to push the buttons a little more with different ability riders .I take into account the blokes that ride with there partners , and the social crew riders ,and those that just like to help out and encourage others ,but that still leaves some able riders in there not pushing some buttons .
Old 09-11-2008
Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dags View Post
Took me a while to figure out what he was banging on about......well my 3yo gave me some help and then it all came together, meslowispissed.
Old 09-11-2008
dbw Pro Legend

The only reason I ride is to have FUN. Grade 3 is usually the most fun for me as I push myself to get up, over and through stuff or on beginners rides its fun helping others get up, over and through stuff but when its down as a grade 3/4 then I'm worried that because I'm slow and like a break or two then I'll get in the way of all the younger and faster riders
all the way with the DSMRA
Fossil
Old 09-11-2008
dbw Pro Legend

As some of you know I'm an old fart, over the years I've raced scrambles, enduro's, desert racing
( Hatta, Sea lake ) & also a bit of trials, & fifteen years on the road

Now I like to get out on the bike for the enjoyment & ride any level up to level four.
you don't have to ride really fast to enjoy the ride,
I reckon it's great to ride with lots of people, give some help to those that need it.

Dirt bikes.
2011 KTM 300 new.

1988 KTM 350.

Road bike
06 cbr 1000rr

track bike

05 cbr 1000rr