dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 12-07-2019
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescaline View Post
Down here you can and heaps ride them, I haven't heard of anywhere you can't.
No problems in Sydney Jimmy, can ride anywhere a clockwork mtb can go. Same in Tasmania.
Old 12-07-2019
dbw Pro Champion

I was sitting at a Bus-stop & saw an e-MTB wizz past.
It was an 80k zone & he'd dragged-off all-other traffic.

The daily commute to there from civic/city ~10k each way.
Makes sense considering parking fees are $10 a day in civic.

I'd imagine MTB's would become overly twitchy @ those speeds.
Maybe/must rake the forks out a-bit & wisely/wear some gloves.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 19-07-2019
dbw Pro

Go to ebike-mtb.com or EMBN ( good English site on Youtube). These sites AREN'T American ( less bias ).
Old 20-07-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Anyone rode a Merida one60? Will be ordering a bike this week, was planning on base levo and upspec to 700W battery, suspension and brakes

Last edited by bowser; 20-07-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 20-07-2019
dbw Pro Hero

E160 900e

I've got one of these. The missus has the one without the "E" on the end - lower spec. Mine's better. Check out Toecutter's thread, something like Mulga Bill volt for the title.

Great bike.
Old 20-07-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Anyone rode a Merida one60? Will be ordering a bike this week, was planning on base levo and upspec to 700W battery, suspension and brakes

I've been looking at E-bikes a lot recently and it certainly looks like the Specialized have awesome handling and the best motor. I think the suspension specced on the lower models is pretty average considering the bike price and what is on other bikes at that price point, I would be 100% sold on them being the pick otherwise. The Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SL looks like awesome value with way better suspension components, pretty high level componentry and Bosch motor. The more I look the more the misses is getting concerned!
Old 21-07-2019
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post

I have a 2019 e160e and itís very impressive. Check out the specs on them. For the price you will find it difficult to find a better spec bike. These things are a full proper enduro. They run the fox 36 fork up front and the fox x2 rear shock with shimano saints brakes.

The shimano steps unit is super reliable. In boost mode it will go up any hill you can throw at it. I find I can use eco and trail for pretty much everything. Iím a bit over 70kg and can get 30km out of a battery on full boost mode with heaps of climbing and up to 85km on eco. I paid 6k for mine brand new. They retail at $7999 but lots of deals on them atm.

These e mtbs are going to be so popular. I love that I can ride anywhere and people wave as I go past. Also itís nice climbing hills at over 20kmh and getting to the downhill descents fresh and in a timely manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-07-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Awesome bike.
How do you find the overspeed transition on it? When elec assist stops and pedal power takes over.
KTM 690r - gone
Old 21-07-2019
dbw Factory Pro

Thereís no drag from the motor but you def know when you have hit 26kmh. Itís not at all noticeable on steep descents but on slight descents you feel it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-07-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Why is there so many gears in pedal assist bikes? would have thought you just have maybe 3 max and pedal casually in low,med, high? . Do people actually use all those cogs? [there are 3 speed hub gears, or even up to 14]