dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues

New South Wales Ride Reports & Local Issues Proudly Sponsored by www.01moto.com.au Beta Sydney

Old 30-12-2019
dbw Pro

Yep KV is bloody exposed. Last thing it wants ATM is a stiff southerly.
Old 02-01-2020
dbw Pro Hero

How's everyone going down there? Sounds overwhelming in some cases.
Old 02-01-2020
dbw Pro

382 houses lost since NYE. Guaranteed to rise - could more than double.
Weather a little more benign Wednesday, today & Friday.
Been smoke everywhere for weeks - its getting the better of me.
Horror conditions expected to return on Saturday.
Plenty of potential for a lot more damage in the Shoalhaven area.
Most of the south coast DBW crew are more or less exposed.
Old 05-01-2020
dbw Pro Addict

How are our south coast members going? I will be surprised (and very happy) if they all survived yesterday unscathed.

The old man still has his place. He got painted pink in fire retardant yesterday arvo, but apparently the very local conditions were favourable when it mattered last night.

Heís not totally in the clear yet, but so far so good.
Old 06-01-2020
dbw Pro Legend

Has anyone heard from Knackers (Scott) and how he survived the fires?

http://www.shmotorcyclecentre.com.au
http://www.mitas-moto.com
Old 06-01-2020
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri70 View Post
Has anyone heard from Knackers (Scott) and how he survived the fires?
no but conjola got wiped out

**** me what a week!!!
no power, no comms, no fuel, no food. family evacuated to canberra. complete anarchy. looting, people (inc myself) riding around on dirt bikes.
now back to work feeding evacuees whatever i can get my hands on that hadn't spoiled when the power was off. its a complete shit show. im sure youre all aware of the clips of scomo in cobargo, well im 20 mins from there and the feeling is exactly the same. we've been ****ed in the arse by that prick. completely let down with aid relief.
its not over either. the fire is about 2 km west of my house. if they dont do some serious back burning before friday, our community will be the next to be flattened.
i feel really bad for those in a worse situation than me. and there are lots of them. at least i still have food, a job and a house (for the time being).
Old 07-01-2020
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalboy View Post
...im sure youre all aware of the clips of scomo in cobargo, well im 20 mins from there and the feeling is exactly the same. we've been ****ed in the arse by that prick. completely let down with aid relief.
its not over either...
Given that EVERY single request to the Federal Govt by the States has been immediately met, I struggle to see how the Feds have let us down.

The STATES have legislative control over fire-fighting. The RFS Commissioner makes representation to the STATE Minister (Elliott), he meets with the Premier (Gladys), she makes a request of the Commonwealth.

EVERY request of the Commonwealth has been immediately met. All the people calling on the PM to 'show leadership' need to read the Constitution. The 'Leader' responsible here is Gladys.

By all means, investigate what's gone wrong and fix the log-jams and inefficiencies, but keep in mind that being ignorant of reality and apportioning blame where it's NOT due will only cloud the process.

Cold comfort to those affected I know, but let's get real. This is a STATE issue. Given the seriousness and nationwide nature of the issue maybe legislative changes need to be made...
Old 07-01-2020
dbw Pro Addict

Dalboy, I have spent the last week impotently watching the maps as the fires closed in on my old manís place, and it sucked. I can only imagine your frustration.

Pete, your old place survived, Pete. Foam pit did not. I think you have missed the point as to why so many people are pointing the finger at Scotty From Marketing, but this is probably not the thread for that discussion.
Old 07-01-2020
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalboy View Post
no but conjola got wiped out
ATM its seems only Conjola Park/Fishermans Paradise has been burnt. All the residential areas of Conjola, Cunjurrong Pt, Manyana & Bendalong seem to have been saved thus far - fingers crossed.
Edit: actually it seems at least most of Fishermans Paradise is intact still.
Old 07-01-2020
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spac View Post
...Pete, your old place survived, Pete. Foam pit did not.
Ta mate, Paula told me what happened. Saved the shed and caravan, lost the rest. I'm amazed the pit isnt still burning...

Quote:
I think you have missed the point as to why so many people are pointing the finger at Scotty From Marketing, but this is probably not the thread for that discussion.
Quite possibly mate, but as you say inappropriate to discuss it in this thread.