dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Beta Forum

Beta Forum My bike is Beta than yours!

Old 18-05-2014
dbw Factory Pro

Raced today with the FMF header fitted up. From my research I was expecting a noticeable improvement in middle to top but was really impressed with the improvement across the whole rev range.

The power is now spot on, I was happy with it before but the improvement is really a 'surprise and delight'. I reckon the engine is now the best enduro motor I have ever ridden as far as power. It's still a 350 and won't wear you out like a 450 can do, but it's a stronger 350.

Today there was a tight turn that required almost coming to a complete stop to get around, straight into a short steep climb. Before this would have required clutch feathering to get up the climb but now I can drop the clutch and the engine pulled from almost nothing straight up the hill.

Up top the motor has more, where it used sign off and flatten out it keeps pulling linearly till the rev limiter.

I had also cut the backfire screen out the air filter cage to let the engine breath easier, I figured since I was maximizing the exhaust system I would make sure the air intake was not limiting things.
Old 19-05-2014
"The Crack Of DOOM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGasGus View Post
Raced today with the FMF header fitted up....
Powerbomb? Megabomb? Other? Frankly I don't need any more power from my 498RR but it is always interesting to hear that these mods are more than just "snake oil".

BTW, I think you need to update your signature with your Italian steed
Old 20-05-2014
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
Powerbomb? Megabomb? Other? Frankly I don't need any more power from my 498RR but it is always interesting to hear that these mods are more than just "snake oil".

BTW, I think you need to update your signature with your Italian steed
It's the Power Bomb. It was an impulse purchase so wasn't well researched beforehand but I think even if I had I would have gone the the power bomb and not the mega bomb. The mega bomb and me would be sure to end in , I am sure I would put a dent in the bomb in no time at all, where as the powerbomb is nicely tucked away. Having said that I am sure I will put a dent in my new header before long...I really shouldn't be allowed nice things.
Old 20-05-2014
dbw Pro Addict

I put a jd jetting kit in my bike.

Then I pulled the powervalve and removed the inner spring, then fitted a spacer to the large spring. This is the extra mod you get with the jd kit. Pretty keen for a test ride.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.
It will be actioned much faster than sending a PM to me or another moderator.

2018 KTM & Husky 250/300 JD Jetting Kits now in stock!
Old 13-06-2014
dbw Factory Pro

Just spent some time in the shed tinkering on the Beta and setting her up for her first desert race this weekend.

After a chat with Gilesy from Choice Suspension who did my initial set-up he gave me desert settings, so I added fork oil and played with clickers to his recommendation.

Next I fitted up the steg pegz I have made for the bike, they are very much a prototype so none to pretty but seem to fit well, the right hand side one incorporates a heat shield for the fmf muffler.

I was wanting to run 14, 48 gearing but had not got around to sorting out sprockets...turns out Gasser rear sprockets fit the Beta. Amongst my Gasser sprockets I have there was a 46 rear so now the Beta has a 13, 46 combo so I will see how that pulls at the weekend.

Finally before heading to the desert she got a fresh filter and some fresh engine oil.
Old 13-06-2014
dbw Pro Hero

Old 14-06-2014
dbw Factory Pro

For an old weekend warrior that Edmondson bloke is fairly handy on a bike.
Old 14-06-2014
Banned

I bought one last Saturday - 300RR - nice machine.

I don't want to do any mods to it - just put some protection on it.

it has about 10 minutes use on it so far. don't want to ride it until I have some guards on it - mainly pipe and radiators.

manual says mix ratio 1.6% - that's 60:1 right - seems a bit lean.
Old 14-06-2014
Banned

60/1 I same cars 13 Ktms.
Old 14-06-2014
"The Crack Of DOOM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGasGus View Post
...Next I fitted up the steg pegz I have made for the bike, they are very much a prototype so none to pretty but seem to fit well, the right hand side one incorporates a heat shield for the fmf muffler.
Any chance of pics? I'm also interested in your impression of them when you get to ride with them.