dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Beta Forum

Beta Forum My bike is Beta than yours!

Old 12-09-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Had the NECJ on clip 4 for a couple of rides - bit of spooge in the current warmer weather & a mini-burble off idle.

Leaned it off to #3 - no burble, no spooge & a tad friskier, but still very smooth. A/S still 1.25. 13c-23c today.
Old 13-09-2015
dbw Pro Legend

BTW -used just under 2lt for a rocky & fairly slow 21km sparrow's yesterday..
Old 14-09-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokonvert View Post
Had the NECJ on clip 4 for a couple of rides - bit of spooge in the current warmer weather & a mini-burble off idle.

Leaned it off to #3 - no burble, no spooge & a tad friskier, but still very smooth. A/S still 1.25. 13c-23c today.
purchase a NEDJ needle and it will be perfect its same a NECJ in clip 3.5

best needle for winter is NEDW

they work better with 38 to 40 pilot jets, if you still have a 35 pilot you will be surprise if you change to a 38P.

$15.50 each
Old 15-09-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post

they work better with 38 to 40 pilot jets, if you still have a 35 pilot you will be surprise if you change to a 38P.

$15.50 each
Thanks, ggg - might just do it..
Old 06-10-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:

$15.50 each
ggg as per your advice, Ive fitted a NEDJ, 3rd clip and 38 pilot, just riding up and down the street to do initial testing the bike feels quite a bit stronger off the bottom, still has a burble/four stroking just off idle, so I wound my airscrew out 1/2 turn. It is very hot here today (33), Im riding tomorrow afternoon (RedHill) and meant to be about 10 degrees cooler (23 deg) so that will be a good test.
What Im really chasing is a super clean transition from idle to 1/8 throttle for low speed control to pop the front wheel for logs, roots, rock faces etc. Is it really possible to have a 2T that doesn't burble/fourstroke just off idle? I had a Husky WR125 that frustrated the hell out of me trying to get a clean/snappy throttle response when riding at minimal throttle openings, going to smaller and smaller pilot jets didn't seem to make any difference
Old 06-10-2015
dbw Pro Legend

NEDJ clip 3 38P 1.5 to 2 turns out in 30deg weather should be sweet. for a 250
At 23 deg your A/S will be around 1 turns out, my guess it still be to lean with a 38P, if it feels lean and you have 40P install that or a NEDW needle clip 3

A 2 stroke just off idle makes a burble sound but who cares its the response not the sound that matters
Old 06-10-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon View Post
ggg as per your advice, Ive fitted a NEDJ, 3rd clip and 38 pilot, just riding up and down the street to do initial testing the bike feels quite a bit stronger off the bottom, still has a burble/four stroking just off idle, so I wound my airscrew out 1/2 turn. It is very hot here today (33), Im riding tomorrow afternoon (RedHill) and meant to be about 10 degrees cooler (23 deg) so that will be a good test.
What Im really chasing is a super clean transition from idle to 1/8 throttle for low speed control to pop the front wheel for logs, roots, rock faces etc. Is it really possible to have a 2T that doesn't burble/fourstroke just off idle? I had a Husky WR125 that frustrated the hell out of me trying to get a clean/snappy throttle response when riding at minimal throttle openings, going to smaller and smaller pilot jets didn't seem to make any difference
Roon, next time we ride together have a go on my bike - it has (to my perception) a clean & direct idle to mid range power curve.

Not sure if you've tried an NECJ, but my settingsare - NECJ, 3rd pos, a/s 1.25, p-35, m-165.

It's no 300 (as we've talked about), but pretty peppy down low.
Old 06-10-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:

A 2 stroke just off idle makes a burble sound but who cares its the response not the sound that matters
Its not the burble sound, but that stuttering effect as you JUST open the throttle (is that referred to as four stroking indicating rich mixture that can't be cleared?) The ideal throttle response I'm seeking is for an immediate, progressive increase in revs as I gently open the throttle without any hesitation or stuttering - just like a BETA 4T
Im riding tomorrow arvo so Ill get a better idea of how my current jetting translates into rideability where I need instant throttle response (steep, rocky hillclimbs with roots and rocks and some rock steps ....)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red hill rocksteps.jpg (87.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 06-10-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Does having oil injection mean a richer mixture at low throttle openings and change the jetting strategy?
For example the oil injection is said to run at 100+:1 at idle/low throttle openings meaning there is more fuel available to burn than a premix bike running at a typical 50.:1
So would running those same needle/clip and pilot jet settings for a premix bike in an oil injected bike give an overall richer setup?
Or is the difference in available fuel so small that a clip position and/or airscrew adjustment all that is needed to compensate?
Old 06-10-2015
DBW Clubman

Roon

I think you'll find that to reduce the off idle richness when gradually opening the throttle you need a needle with a bigger base diameter. Be aware though that this may create a lean hesitation when the throttle is snapped open to 1/4 from fully closed. This is why pre fuel injected 4t carbs have an accelerator pump, modern 4t are fuel injected and so have a perfect mixture for all situations, theoretically anyway.

Please don't think I'm trying to give riding lessons - does using the clutch to smooth out the power delivery help overcome the issue? I only ask because I lack the coordination and skill to test it myself.

Cheers.