dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Beta Forum

Beta Forum My bike is Beta than yours!

Old 19-09-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Patrick Lowry, Beta importer, speaks..

ďDear Beta Riders, I am Patrick Lowry the current Importer of Beta Motorcycles.
There have been some comments made recently regarding our spare parts stock availability, supply time frames and our attitude in general. This is something that has not been easy to read and I'm not going to bore you with a long winded corporate speil as I feel actions speak louder than words. Something I'd like to assure you of is I am a motorcyclist who is passionate about Enduro and have ridden dirt bikes since a young age. I have a great team of people working with me who are also passionate about the brand and who also ride. Further to this I am extremely passionate about the Beta brand and its success in Australia for the long term. I do take seriously the feedback given and while I know we have been trying our best, its clear we need to do more and we are working to do exactly that. I do care about your feedback and I have not taken this lightly. I would like to pass my sincere apologies to anyone we have impacted with parts supply issues of late. Thank you to those who have posted about your positive experiences and to those displaying their patience while we find our feet. I want that as owners you are proud and confident to own a Beta and want you to feel you have the support you need from us in order to go about enjoying your riding rather than worrying about back up or parts availability. If anyone has concerns I would welcome you to contact me directly by email plowry@lowryaustralia.com.au or mobile 0417 500 300.

On a more positive note we are working on a plan for 2019 model test ride days and hope to release information about these in the near future. I look forward to hopefully seeing a lot of you there.Ē

From Facebook, where there has been a lot of blowback from loyal Beta owners regarding support, parts availability & the general direction of the brand since the Factory canned Gary Grealy.

Lowry sounds genuine & itís nice to see a personal response from the person ultimately responsible for Beta motorcycles in Australia. However, it has taken a while to get the importerís side of the story - I received a pm with a straight answer from the Gas Gas Factory, via Mark Berg, USA Torrot/Gas Gas boss in 12 hours after a cdi query for my last bike.

The customer is always right.
Old 19-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibnut View Post
Lowry sounds genuine & itís nice to see a personal response from the person ultimately responsible for Beta motorcycles in Australia. However, it has taken a while to get the importerís side of the story - I received a pm with a straight answer from the Gas Gas Factory, via Mark Berg, USA Torrot/Gas Gas boss in 12 hours after a cdi query for my last bike.

You can't compare American customer service to Australian. They are next level. Must be the tips

Seriously though, I have noticed many places in the US simply realise that even incurring a loss on a particular transaction is a purchase in customer loyalty and advertising.

Any time a distributer changes hands there'll at least be an initial setback while the new bloke struggles to grab a solid hold of the reigns. From all accounts Greals bent over backwards to ensure the people on the bikes were happy to do so. It's only natural for those people to be unhappy about the change in direction. Kudos to the new bloke for stepping up, but like always, actions speak louder than words.
Old 19-09-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
ďDear Beta Riders, I am Patrick Lowry the current Importer of Beta Motorcycles....

Lowry sounds genuine & itís nice to see a personal response from the person ultimately responsible for Beta motorcycles in Australia...
He doesn't sound genuine to me, in fact he sounds like a business entrepreneur protecting his interests.

Some facts for you Patrick:

1) Beta established itself in Australia by supplying good (not brilliant) bikes at a fair price point for both bikes and parts as well as great down-to-earth service from the importer and dealers.

2) Nearly every gripe I've heard about the current importer referenced increased prices, especially for parts.

3) NOT ONCE in that long winded spiel did you address the issue of price increases under your watch.

My viewpoint: you're either out of tune with what your customers are saying...or...you're deliberately avoiding a certain facet (parts prices) of rider disenchantment. Either way, not good.

Remember Pat, you're selling a product that has had no major development, chassis or body wise, for 6 years.

We've seen this scenario before.

New importer, market saturated, little all new product, ditch the passionate importer.

Can anyone recall what happened to TM Australia once the Halls were ousted?

Tumbleweeds...
Old 19-09-2018
dbw Pro Legend

'Can anyone recall what happened to TM Australia once the Halls were ousted?'

Good on him for at least responding.Let's give the guy a chance first... Christian's still on his Beta honeymoon, I don't want to see him sad on Sat!!
Old 19-09-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgibson View Post
'Can anyone recall what happened to TM Australia once the Halls were ousted?'

Good on him for at least responding.Let's give the guy a chance first... Christian's still on his Beta honeymoon, I don't want to see him sad on Sat!!

Old 19-09-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgibson View Post
Good on him for at least responding.Let's give the guy a chance first...
Call me a cynic (everyone does...) but it sounds disingenuous to me.

Most of the big Beta sales rush five years ago are coming up to turnover time. I don't know a single person who has bought a second Beta and there's 6-7 amongst my mates...repeat sales will be the test.

Greals was a great importer (and a great bloke). There's some great dealers so that's not an excuse. The three closest to me are excellent to deal with.
Old 19-09-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Have to say i'm with Nutty on this, maybe it's an old Bloke thing, but it does just sound like a lets try and smooth them over with a bit of fancy talk ? Have to say, i've got the 390 on my short list for a High Country bike, but i will be waiting to see how the importer is going early next year before i make a decision !
Old 19-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
ďDear Beta Riders, I am Patrick Lowry the current Importer of Beta Motorcycles.
There have been some comments made recently regarding our spare parts stock availability, supply time frames and our attitude in general. This is something that has not been easy to read and I'm not going to bore you with a long winded corporate speil as I feel actions speak louder than words. Something I'd like to assure you of is I am a motorcyclist who is passionate about Enduro and have ridden dirt bikes since a young age. I have a great team of people working with me who are also passionate about the brand and who also ride. Further to this I am extremely passionate about the Beta brand and its success in Australia for the long term. I do take seriously the feedback given and while I know we have been trying our best, its clear we need to do more and we are working to do exactly that. I do care about your feedback and I have not taken this lightly. I would like to pass my sincere apologies to anyone we have impacted with parts supply issues of late. Thank you to those who have posted about your positive experiences and to those displaying their patience while we find our feet. I want that as owners you are proud and confident to own a Beta and want you to feel you have the support you need from us in order to go about enjoying your riding rather than worrying about back up or parts availability. If anyone has concerns I would welcome you to contact me directly by email plowry@lowryaustralia.com.au or mobile 0417 500 300.

On a more positive note we are working on a plan for 2019 model test ride days and hope to release information about these in the near future. I look forward to hopefully seeing a lot of you there.Ē

From Facebook, where there has been a lot of blowback from loyal Beta owners regarding support, parts availability & the general direction of the brand since the Factory canned Gary Grealy.

Patrick Lowry...wow theres a blast from the past!!!

PAUL FEENY'S Right Hand Man

If anybody remembers the shit I went through when my Husky detonated at 500klm, Patrick was the bloke Paul used so he didn't have to talk directly to me.
He told me my gear selector was dirty so the bike had not been looked after, therefore could not be warranted.

Obviously they failed in their quest, they had to fix it free of charge thanks to my legendary Pro-bono Lawyer, and i ended up getting 700hrs out of the bottom end.

I've kept all the emails if anyone is interested...

Stu

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

ADV: SUZUKI DR650
STREET: YAMAHA RX125 2T

Old 19-09-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Haha it was 'Trials & Tribulations with the Evil Importer' or something wasn't it?
Old 19-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

I really want to buy a 200RR to keep my '13 300RR company, but the Lowry Factor is scaring the shit out of me.

Not gonna touch a GasGas, not sure if I can justify a 125 Sherco (a 200 is easier to justify because The Wife will be happy to ride it), so what do I do?

Currently thinking that I will sit tight until we see if Lowry pulls his head in or is replaced as the importer.