dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Sherco Forum

Old 30-07-2017
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
Took these out for a proper shakedown at cobaw today

Certainly a lot slower on open tracks where the suspension is just not up to high speed hits, but that's pretty obvious.

Gearing is very low. 1st and second are mostly unusable. Hill climbs were best in 3rd or 4th. Only on the most technical sections did I drop back to second.

4th is a very usable gear for flowing single track 3rd for when it gets tight.
When it starts to open up 5th is too high. I think a smaller sprocket will be worth trying

In theory it has the same ground clearance as my 250x ~320mm but perhaps the softer suspension means it rides a bit lower as I dragged on the skid plate quite often. The pegs sit quite low relative to the frame and these dragged in ruts as well.

Even the standard trials tyres on both ends were decent. Will keep them for a while before thinking bout going for hybrid or mx tyres. A cheater front might be good for some extra ground clearance

Weighed it again with some electronic hanging scales.
96kg with a full 7L tank.

My 250x was 119kg with maybe an extra 1L of fuel

No crashes today which is unusual for me! This thing just changes lines up technical climbs on a whim and has great traction. I found I could more easily stay standing where on the Honda I would have put a foot down and started paddling up the rest of the way. Low height and weight meant no drops either.

Heavy flywheel makes it very difficult to stall and it started first kick when needed. Pivot turns are a breeze!

Overall very happy with it. There are a few things the Honda does better but I don't think they are enough to warrant keeping both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Sherco X-ride review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
Took these out for a proper shakedown at cobaw today.Certainly a lot slower on open tracks where the suspension is just not up to high speed hits, but that's pretty obvious....
nice one, mini me. i've been itching to try the sherco x-ride and finally got the chance on a trip to canada and had very similar impressions to yours.

i found the frame and suspension is about a 50/50 mix of enduro and trials, and the engine and gearbox are pretty much pure trials.

this could be a good or bad thing depending on your riding. if you mainly do slow technical riding then the trials engine and spread of gear ratios will be good. but if you do a fair amount of open trails then those big jumps to fourth and fifth gear will be awkward, and the trials engine could feel too soft and unresponsive.

if you are looking for a hybrid bike that is around 70% trials and 30% enduro then this could be the perfect bike. otherwise you might be better off looking at the beta xtrainer or ktm freeride 250r.

Old 12-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
nice one, mini me. i've been itching to try the sherco x-ride and finally got the chance on a trip to canada and had very similar impressions to yours.

i found the frame and suspension is about a 50/50 mix of enduro and trials, and the engine and gearbox are pretty much pure trials.

this could be a good or bad thing depending on your riding. if you mainly do slow technical riding then the trials engine and spread of gear ratios will be good. but if you do a fair amount of open trails then those big jumps to fourth and fifth gear will be awkward, and the trials engine could feel too soft and unresponsive.

if you are looking for a hybrid bike that is around 70% trials and 30% enduro then this could be the perfect bike. otherwise you might be better off looking at the beta xtrainer or ktm freeride 250r.

Cheers Bergman!

Riding in Canada? Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk