dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw User Reviews

dbw User Reviews dbw users share with the rest of us their own views on stuff they have tried. Proudly Sponsored by: Beta Australia

Old 25-05-2015
dbw Factory Pro

I reckon you'd still need something like a slicker over top of your jersey, just to keep you dry and wind chill down.

I wore mine whilst in the cold & rain at the racetrack for a few hours the other week, doing a photoshoot.

Kept me nice & toasty on just the low setting, sure beats freezing your nuts off.
Old 25-05-2015
DBW Clubman

I'm waiting for the stock to come back in! Then I can place my order
Old 02-06-2016
With 3 eyes.

How's the availability of these? My young bloke is after one for work. Currently doing some homework.
Old, slow, happy... and a little confused
Old 02-02-2017
dbw Pro Legend

How are these going? I'm thinking about buying some for the 24hr in July.
Old 06-02-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm wrench View Post
How are these going? I'm thinking about buying some for the 24hr in July.
I picked one up just before last years 24hour; here's a few thought i put together after the event. Keeping in mind the relentless rain and freezing tempratures.

So after toying with the idea for a couple of years the Sunday before the 24hr i jumped on the web and purchased an 'Avade' heated top. A few people noticed me playing with it over the weekend and wondered what it was so here is a spill. I purchased a black one via their online shop but the sales team quickly emailed me that they were out of stock in my size so they offered me a white one and a 12v charger, yep that will have to do. Good customer service from them. It has three waterproof heating elements, two on the front of the chest and one on the back between the shoulders. Its powered by a small removable battery pack thats located in a pocket on the side (comes with a cord so you could keep the battery in a backpack). 3 heat settings, 30,40 and 50 degrees. 3hour life on high or 6hrs on low. Its all controlled by a small led press button on its sleve. Its designed for dirtbike riders and other extreem sports and hobbies, perfect to wear as a base layer when your out and about in winter. Im really impressed with how its all made and seems good quality, altho im doubtful ill get it looking white again (can only hand wash it too)
Howd it go? Well with a battery life as long as a lap of the event my plan was to only use it on some of the longer and colder transports and during the graveyard shift before sun up. To say i was soaked thru from the rain was an understatement. Even with the garment on the high setting i struggled to even notice it whilst cruising along the roads with such strong and bone chilling winds. The rare time i could hide out the wind i could feel the heat for for sure. I think it just really struggled to warm me up because i was already soaking wet and cold. If i had a couple of dry layers ontop of the heated garment i think it would have preformed a lot better. Was it worth $200? Ill say yes, even with the limited times i felt its warmth during this years 24hr. Im sure ill find other bike events to give it a run lol
SAORC #216
Current Rides: '15 250exc, '12 Berg TE250.

Gawler MCC
Old 07-02-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Thanks for the write up. I'll give them a go.
Old 07-02-2017
DBW Clubman

I'm curious, has anyone tried one of these as just an outdoor undergarment to keep warm?
I work on the road and dislike bulky clothing. I'm wondering if one of these would keep me warm while I work on a cold and windy day.
Can the sleeves be rolled /pulled up away from the wrist?