dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > South Australia Ride Reports & Local Issues

Old 3 Days Ago
dbw Pro

Shopped around at a few places and ended up getting a pair of Dunlop D606's from Keith at Total Motorcycles - very patient helping me decide what would suit my needs.
Will give these a go over the summer for some exploring, then see about some more dirt specific tyres when I join a club next autumn. Keith mentioned the Michelin AC10 rear was very popular, but wasn't sure what front to pair with it as some tyre models have been discontinued.
What's the go for adventure/exploring - is everyone using tubes or do they go for the expense of tubliss? Or is that just the go for completely off road? I know mousses wouldn't suit adv stuff.
Old 3 Days Ago
DBW Clubman

I've used tubliss for off-road riding and was happy with them. They're not maintenance free though and require frequent pressure checks. I reckon checking / reinflating the inner tube to 100psi on the road or at a servo would be problematic. Their main benefit is you can run really low pressure to improve traction when riding in extreme off-road conditions at low speed, not really a requirement when adventure or even just trail riding.
I'd suggest good quality, heavy duty tubes lubed up with talcum powder is your best trail or adventure setup.
Old 2 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

tubliss hold their pressure well when using Vinidex pipe grease (irrigation O ring lube) during the tyre fitting process.

Hold pressure for 2 months as oppose to 2wks with soapy water.

Beautiful stuff.
https://paypal.me/dreamfieldtheory