dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro

Products you'd never buy again.

Just oiled up some air filters with 'spray on oil' (Motul in this case). What a crap product. I have absolutely no idea if my airfilters are oiled enough.The oil comes our feezing cold and actually freezes the surface of the filter!. Plus i used most of a can to do 2 filters. So thats almost $10 bucks a filter. Hahaha. Never again.

While I am having a whinge... cheap jerry cans that have the spout on the outside are useless. Spout is designed to let air in while also letting fuel out. Yeah, right. Also the spot gets dusty on the inside if you leave it in the ute etc so next time you fill up you have a fuel additive - dirt. Yay. Plus the seals are shit and they leak everywhere. Never again.

Metzler '6 days' tyres are also crap.

Rant over - oiling air filters pisses me off at the best of times, let alone with spray on oil!
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro Addict. FNT Legend.

windows 8.1.......ok ok Ive done that .....

I did buy a boost bottle for my RM125 back in the 80's...
won't waste my money on one of those again..........
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by junek View Post
Just oiled up some air filters with 'spray on oil' (Motul in this case). What a crap product. I have absolutely no idea if my airfilters are oiled enough.The oil comes our feezing cold and actually freezes the surface of the filter!. Plus i used most of a can to do 2 filters. So thats almost $10 bucks a filter. Hahaha. Never again.

While I am having a whinge... cheap jerry cans that have the spout on the outside are useless. Spout is designed to let air in while also letting fuel out. Yeah, right. Also the spot gets dusty on the inside if you leave it in the ute etc so next time you fill up you have a fuel additive - dirt. Yay. Plus the seals are shit and they leak everywhere. Never again.

Metzler '6 days' tyres are also crap.

Rant over - oiling air filters pisses me off at the best of times, let alone with spray on oil!
I avoid all things motul!

but speaking of air filters i'll never buy a uni filter ever again 1st oil up and the lip seal / edge separated
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro Legend

I use Motorex spray-on airfilter oil & I reckon it works well. I've oiled 5 filters so far and would have enough oil in the can for another 3 at least. It depends how liberal you are with the oil, I guess

B.O.T. - Pirelli MX-Extra X rear tyre - absolute rubbish. Yeah, they wear well, but traction is sheizahousen.

Motul Transoil - I'm not good enough to tell if it's better or worse than any other gearbox oil - so, I won't buy it again as it's more expensive than what I use.

KTM o.e.m. sticker kits - bought 2, neither stuck, now use motox-art stickers - 1/4 of the price & wear well.
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
I would never use those sprays, heavy motor oil 40/70, or chainsaw bar oil only.
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro Addict

Mechanics love spray on oil, dusting motors becomes a real issue. Never use it.

For some there's therapy, for others there's dirtbikes.
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro Addict

I've always used spray on oil and I've had no problems.

I wouldn't buy cheap tyres ever again (for my bike anyway). I did that a few times in the early days a few years back.....FAIL.

I agree the Metzelers are shit, particularly the rear.
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro Champion

X Ray Glasses
They don,t work
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Factory Pro

F bushing for PDS. Lasted maybe 20 hours. Cheap all balls did 150+ hours before I sold the bike.
Old 26-04-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Cycra hand guards, soft as butter.