dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > New South Wales Rides

New South Wales Rides Proudly Sponsored by www.01moto.com.au Beta Sydney

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

Motorcycle Council Of NSW response to Jellore SF restricted access

Hi all
I emailed Motor cycle assoc NSW Secretary Brian Wood <bmmwood@bigpond.net.au>about the Forestry Corp Jellore signage ,see his email below . i suggest any restricted access signs you locate to inform Brian Wood and he will take it up Forestry Corporation .

Andrew,

I rang and spoke to Robert Germantse at Forestry Corporationís Tumut office, he was not across why the signs had been erected, he passed my inquiry onto Tom Bagnell in their Belanglo office, Tom has just rung me.

The signs have been erected on un-official tracks, these are tracks that someone has pushed through the bush and then others have then followed. There are a number of these un-offical tracks where signs have been erected.

Some of these un-official tracks lead to private property and Forestry has had complaints from land owners of vehicles unknowingly coming onto their property.

No signs have been erected on official tracks and access to official tracks has not changed, that is, bikes have to be registered and riders licensed.

I hope this helps,

Safe riding,