dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Videos including Helmet Cam footage

Videos including Helmet Cam footage Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.penriteoil.com.au

Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

ANZAC day 2019 Single track loop at Ripley.

This is a loop at my local bush testing out my new camera, a Sony fdr x3000. This is my first attempt at using a helmet camera. If anyone knows how to fix the glowing of the white mudguard and the funny sky in the video, let me know.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
DBW Clubman

Thanks for sharing chiko.

The hazy picture looks like a dirty lens to me... that, or the x3000 is a pos & Bergman is getting paid by Sony to tell us that it's a better camera than the Gopros

Can't wait to see you on a smoker ... that white rattler is holding you back.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
DBW Dweller

Makes me wish i got a 250 instead of the 450. Awesome pace mate. Interested in the white plastics, could you post a pic of the bike?

Sent from my iPhone using dirtbikeworld
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
Thanks for sharing chiko.

The hazy picture looks like a dirty lens to me... that, or the x3000 is a pos & Bergman is getting paid by Sony to tell us that it's a better camera than the Gopros

Can't wait to see you on a smoker ... that white rattler is holding you back.
380EXCQLD, I am looking forward to getting a smoker very soon. I have had a few rides on an 18 TE300 and it was night and day compared to the wr250r. Wanting to try a Beta 300rr as I'm pretty short at 168cm and the TE300 was pretty tall.

Funny thing is Bergman's video review awhile ago is want got me interested in the sony. I did notice some finger print marks on the camera lens so I have cleaned them off and will have a play around with settings to see if I can get it looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Makes me wish i got a 250 instead of the 450. Awesome pace mate. Interested in the white plastics, could you post a pic of the bike?

Sent from my iPhone using dirtbikeworld
Jimmym97, if your not aware the bike I'm riding is the wr250r not the wr250f. See attached pic of my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WR250R pic 2019.jpg (70.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

Mate I have the Sony HDR-AS50 which is the cheapy version of yours and it has been excellent. The colours are vivid with no wash outs. Yours comes with white balance settings so have a play with those.

The IS in your camera is fantastic.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibble View Post
Mate I have the Sony HDR-AS50 which is the cheapy version of yours and it has been excellent. The colours are vivid with no wash outs. Yours comes with white balance settings so have a play with those.

The IS in your camera is fantastic.
Cheers Nibble.
I tried different white balance setting and also exposure, but I think the problem with the washed out picture from camera is the waterproof case. Just done some tests in the backyard and without using the waterproof case the picture looks ten times better. I will probably look at getting the sony lens protector they sell as the waterproof case must just be a crappy lens.