dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in 2019 Federal Election
ALP 2 10.00%
Coalition 12 60.00%
Minor Party 4 20.00%
Independant 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Yeah but Walsy, what about Murdoch and the right wing media.

Clearly your source is from a lunatic right winger, multi-national from the big end of big business n stuff so it's invalid, derr

We all know anything from the left is pure and undeniable truth, while everything else is extreme far right and a lie.
Like Us On Facebook
Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Illegal Gil, only endorsed HTV material is allowed through the door.
You have my number if you need bail money. Cheers
FAAAARK ! I massaged all the senate candidates names into a 4 page word document,researched, added comments and numbers and took it into the booth. That was the only way I was going to remember the order of all 83 when I voted below the line. Then as an act of pure sedition I deliberately left it in the booth, hoping a Greens supporter found it. Should I hide if there's a knock on the door?

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 16-05-2019
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
Should I hide if there's a knock on the door?
Nah, just type a footer on the Word document, this would suffice...

"Endorsed by DV8, 16 Fourex St Fortitude Valley for the DBW Know-Alls Party"

p.s. Can anyone find the post a few years ago where the DBW regulars were assigned political office? I think it was a 'Wazza for PM' type thing. It was pretty funny.
Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Illegal Gil, only endorsed HTV material is allowed through the door.
You have my number if you need bail money. Cheers

is that right?
for decades ive been taking my own (looong) list into the booth with me. the last few times, ive taken the booth with the seat as ive had 70+ to number below the line in the senate and it takes a while... yes i know. sad.

and

whats with every other bastard wanting to vote early, had to pick my time to avoid a line.....

ive been voting early for decades so i could get in and out fast and there never used to be pampheteers at the door. it was a nice quiet, sterile and quick affair.
ages ago when you had to sign and declare you would be 15km or 8km from a polling place we made sure we were always out riding & camping in the hills at places theyd never find on the map.

and...

does anyone know if the changed voting rules for the senate (only needing to number 6 or number 12 below) will have any effect in the outcome given some votes wont flow through??
Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetid_swamp View Post
is that right?
for decades ive been taking my own (looong) list into the booth with me. the last few times, ive taken the booth with the seat as ive had 70+ to number below the line in the senate and it takes a while... yes i know. sad.

and

whats with every other bastard wanting to vote early, had to pick my time to avoid a line.....

ive been voting early for decades so i could get in and out fast and there never used to be pampheteers at the door. it was a nice quiet, sterile and quick affair.
ages ago when you had to sign and declare you would be 15km or 8km from a polling place we made sure we were always out riding & camping in the hills at places theyd never find on the map.

and...

does anyone know if the changed voting rules for the senate (only needing to number 6 or number 12 below) will have any effect in the outcome given some votes wont flow through??
I believe the votes go according to the preferences chosen by the party/group that you selected. May be wrong.
That's why I always number them all according to my preferences. 83 in Qld this time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Sorry about posting vids so much...
but for me this has been the best election LOL so far:
Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Addict

Grubs, grubs & more grubs . . .

Quote:
Malcolm Turnbull’s son Alex Turnbull has teamed up with left wing activist group GetUp to record robocall messages urging voters in key Victorian seats not to vote Liberal in Saturday’s federal election.

In Liberal backbencher Kevin Andrews’s eastern Melbourne seat of Menzies, voters will be played a radio clip of Alex Turnbull saying the Coalition is in chaos and doesn’t deserve anyone’s vote.

In Health Minister Greg Hunt’s Mornington Peninsula seat of Flinders, a recorded message will be sent to 17,000 voters, featuring Alex Turnbull saying, “we need more people who want action on climate change. This election don’t give the Libs your vote.”

GetUp have been campaigning hard in the seat Mr Hunt holds with a 7 per cent margin, and say they have made 80,000 calls to Flinders voters.

“Hi, this is Alex Turnbull here, Malcolm Turnbull’s son. I’m calling you to let you know that this election, you have a choice,” he says in the robocall.

“You can vote for Peter Dutton’s deputy, Greg Hunt, who was part of the coup that removed Malcolm and scrubbed any chance of action on climate change.

“Or you can vote for someone who has integrity and is standing up for action on climate change.

“We don’t need more people like Greg Hunt and Peter Dutton in power. We need more people who want action on climate change. This election don’t give the Libs your vote.”

Mr Turnbull has been highly critical of conservative MPs who led the charge against his father last August.

He has also been supportive of independents like Liberal turncoat Julia Banks, who is running in Flinders against Mr Hunt.

The younger Turnbull’s new role in the campaign against Mr Hunt adds to an already fierce battle on the Mornington Peninsula. The Health Minister holds his seat on a margin of seven per cent.

The organisation this week bought wrap-around advertising in local newspapers and plans to deploy 120 volunteers in Flinders on Saturday to have a presence at every polling booth in the seat.

In Treasurer Josh Frydenberg’s eastern Melbourne seat of Kooyong GetUp will play voters a recorded message from a local grandfather talking about his concern about climate change and his children and grandchildren’s future.

Alex Turnbull has been a vocal critic of the Liberal Party since his father lost the prime ministership in August last year. In October, the younger Mr Turnbull listed Tony Abbott, Peter Dutton, Angus Taylor, Kevin Andrews and Eric Abetz as his “Top Five Crazy Liberals”.

Alex Turnbull has also claimed to have spent a six-figure sum supporting non-Liberal candidates in the federal election, including Senate candidates Father Rod Bower, a Gosford rector, and the ACT independent Anthony Pesec.
Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy View Post
That is gold.

The dopey Deb still followed up with a lie, despite already being owned for it.

Our neutral media at it's best
Like Us On Facebook
Old 16-05-2019
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy View Post
Pauline's had enough, but more importantly years of real time Media practice has paid off.

They'll stop giving her airtime soon.