dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Competition & Racing

Competition & Racing Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.jdjetting.com.au

Old 14-12-2008
dbw Pro Legend

Db limit

Anyone know what next years limit will be, I got an email with it but cant remember. They tested at the last state round so I'll have to see if the T-4 can make it.
Old 14-12-2008
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

It's 94 across the board next year isn't it ? I can't see a T4 making it. You'll need something engineered to be quiet from the ground up, not as an afterthought. But then again it depends if your series does any actual noise testing. The definately do at the A4DE... all the T4's were getting knocked back this year and it was a 96 limit.
Old 14-12-2008
dbw Pro Legend

They tested at the last round, I waited till they were running late then went up and didn't get tested. What ru running?. Just looking and FMF Q is around 87, Dep 90, leovince 94. Would hate to drive all the way to a race and get knocked back for noise
Old 14-12-2008

FMF Q is about 94 of the 250X. Think it tested same with X header and powerbomb.

Loevince enduro might be 94, (I like em but more expensive than Q)... but didn't know the DEP did anything that low ? I think their main stream systems are more like 96+ ?... I had an older model one on my KTM450 a while back
Old 14-12-2008
dbw Pro Addict

Location: island jungle where dreams will come true, down here where we all screw
Apparently all the Euro fellas use the Leo Vince to get under their harder restrictions????
Old 14-12-2008
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
FMF Q is about 94 of the 250X. Think it tested same with X header and powerbomb.

Loevince enduro might be 94, (I like em but more expensive than Q)... but didn't know the DEP did anything that low ? I think their main stream systems are more like 96+ ?... I had an older model one on my KTM450 a while back
Ok, just got info from here http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/dir...hop/index.html
I think its for an 04 from reading it. But real time from you is better. I might take it up to the muffler shop and get it tested just to see what it is, but I'd say I'll be getting a Q
Old 14-12-2008
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedsar View Post
They tested at the last round, I waited till they were running late then went up and didn't get tested. What ru running?. Just looking and FMF Q is around 87, Dep 90, leovince 94. Would hate to drive all the way to a race and get knocked back for noise
If you fail the test there is a few things you can do to get around it....

Remove your muffler, and jam a wad of steel wool in the joint where it slips on....make sure it pinches in the joint to hold it, and hopefully (if you dont rev it too much) it will stay in there for long enough to get you through the noise test....it will blow out pretty shortly, and your bike will run properly....... but by then you would hope to be racing,

If you are doubtfull about passing a noise test, try this out at home for practice so you know how much to pack in there to make it quiet, and how much it will take before it blows out.
It could be embarrassing if it blows out and hits the bloke doing the noise test !

others will tack weld a bit of steel mesh or a washer over the end of the muffler, or jam a large socket in it for a baffle, etc. but these dont blow out on the track so you have to put up with a bike running like shit.
Old 15-12-2008
dbw Pro

Anyone tried one of these?

http://www.hyderacing.com/db_dawg.htm
Australasian Safari 2011 Got a Finishers Medal
Old 15-12-2008

Yeah I've had a couple of db-dawgs, I didn't run it for an extended period of time though... made the bike sound pretty sick and other guys were saying that it knocks the guts out of your packaging... which I can understand given you can hear each beat of the motor kinda rebound back into the packaging. They're cheap though... so no harm in trying it yourself.
Old 15-12-2008
dbw Pro Addict

Location: island jungle where dreams will come true, down here where we all screw
You like to take care of you're 'packaging' don't you Andrew?

What is the easiest way of getting hold of a DB reader or getting tested?