dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 16-06-2015
dbw Pro

Enduro Adventures Bali

Just booked myself a day trip on the 9th of August. If anyone is over there at that time and needs to escape the misses and kids for the day. Come along for the day....
Anyone been on one of their trips?
Old 16-06-2015
dbw Pro

Yep, did a day tour with Bali Wilderness tours in April last year and it was awesome I can't recommend them highly enough, great bunch of guys.

Gedde, the owner picked me up from my hotel in Ubud, drove me to their business, to get geared up and get on the bikes, KLX150's 😀

It was just me a young German bloke and 2 local lads, lead and sweep.

The morning was pretty a sedate ride, nice countryside greasy clay jungle trails and smoko at this lake. Then the rain came....

It knows how to rain there and then the ride turned into Erzberg 😂😂

Me and the lead got halfway up this last hill and that was it. So slippery, bikes just slid back down. The sweep whipped out some rope and we dragged each bike up that hill one by one.

It was pissing down, about 35 degrees and by the time we got the last bike up there I was sure I was gonna have a heart attack! No shit, my heart was pounding like an underground ravers, I couldn't catch my breath, I couldn't drink enough water, I couldn't cool down, and the young blokes were no better.

Best of all, we couldn't stop laughing. And THATS what I love about dirt bikes.

You will have a great time, guaranteed.
I'll post up some pix tomorrow you're interested mate.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Old 17-06-2015
DBW Expert

Did it at the beginning of last year, as above was brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI79hG54rL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WbMzz1ZcQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUx8Gx0W9qo

The second video shows the dodgy wire bridge - you can opt out of that bit, was bloody nerve racking! (they might have fixed it though - there were plans to build a better bridge back then). There was a lot of 'on-road' riding between the really bushy stuff, although even the on-road stuff gets challenging as the roads deteriorate when you get higher inteh mountains. As a first time mudder (it never rains over here!) it took me a while to adapt to the terrian, but I was getting the hang of it by the end - you can see how early I got spat off in the first vid!

I paid the extra and got the Husky TE 250, which was a better bike than the KLX's, although it had Euro electrics which of course played up for a bit in the rain, didnt take long to get sorted though! All part of the adventure... Speaking of which - you get to see some parts of Bali that you dont usually see even on many of the other tours - getting to the top of those hills is a mission too! but the views are spectacular. The kids really appreciate a good wheelie past the schools too!
Old 17-06-2015
dbw Pro

Thanks for that fella's, looks like it's going to be a fun day out. Keep the pics and videos coming.
As I said before, If you're over there at that time, come along for the ride.

Cheers

^r oost
Old 18-06-2015
dbw Factory Pro

Did it over Xmas, was a great setup. The thing that made it great for me was the guides Yudi and Atel who have since started their own business im led to believe.

I did the beach run, nothing hard and great fun thrashing the guts out of the poor husky on the beach.

I'd go the half day again, was dropped back at the hotel at about 4pm so still got a heap of riding in.
Old 18-06-2015
dbw Pro

Here's a few pix. You should also consider North West Vietnam up to the border with China. Did that two years ago with 5 mates for 2 weeks, amazing, home stays off the beaten track great times...
Old 18-06-2015
dbw Pro

Pix this time hopefully..
Old 18-06-2015
dbw Pro

Damn you INTERWEB!!

http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/my...?sort=3&page=1
Old 19-06-2015
dbw Pro

I've been to Bali many times over the years and for some reason have never even thought about doing this, what a waste!!
I will definitely be giving it a go next time - who seems to the best company to use or are they all much of a muchness??
Old 19-06-2015
DBW Expert

Pretty sure most of the websites all the same company - just with multiple websites to capture the market.

This:
http://www.bali-dirtbike-tours.com/
is where I went through. Run By a bloke named Gede.

Word of warning - email them to see what you need to bring and what riding gear they have, if you have larger sized features you may need to bring some gear across with you - I needed to bring my size 13 boots and probably should have bought my XL / XXL gloves along - the ones they gave me were a bit tight! I also took my armour and a larger jersey with me to go over it, that was my personal preference though.