dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > South Australia Rides

Old 19-03-2018
DBW Dweller

New to Adelaide and the sport.

Gíday all,

Just moved to the Adelaide area and living in Tea tree gully. Have recently bought a YZ450F and looking to get back into riding after riding only road bikes for the last 10 yrs.

Have been looking at joining the Ariel club and still will join however I work every second weekend and apon looking at their schedule it looks like their events line up mostly on the weekends I work 😐.

Iíve checked out Port Gawler track but at $40 a go it seems expensive unless you do the entire day there.

Therefore I have a couple of questions-

Is there anywhere I can go and practice keeping in mind I havenít ridden for a while? Would be keen to some enduro/ track type stuff. Maybe smaller jumps when I get my confidence back.

Secondly, even though I wil join the club to meet people/ go to rides when Iím not working, is there anyone in a similar situation who is keen to do abit of riding semi regular?

Feel free to drop me a msg.

Thanks for reading,

Mark
Old 19-03-2018
dbw Pro Legend

You'll get plenty of rides happen amongst the Ariel members that aren't on the official events weekends, plus once you are a member you can put the call out to see if anyone is keen for a ride.... no rego does limit options a bit though.

Also check out SAPMAC as they do many good events throughout the year and are cheap to join too.
Old 19-03-2018
dbw Pro Legend

And also checkout Gawler Mcc and Keyneton club rides too.
That's guaranteed to just about fill out every weekend as well. And as your in TTG the MX track is just around the corner and open just about every weekend as well.

Old 19-03-2018
DBW Dweller

All good ideas. Thanks lads!
Old 20-03-2018
dbw Pro

Hi Mark,

If you had good Dirt Bike Riding areas before you moved to Adelaide, I would move back there.

The Summer is just dust and heat so Winter is pretty much the only comfortable riding time..

If you think you can load your bike on a nice Saturday morning to go riding and practising for the Day in SA, it wont happen.

Organised Club rides are all SA has to offer.
Old 20-03-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabiru View Post
The Summer is just dust and heat so Winter is pretty much the only comfortable riding time..

If you think you can load your bike on a nice Saturday morning to go riding and practising for the Day in SA, it wont happen.

This is a generalisation and not always accurate.

Last summer we had awesome days on the weekend 20oC and raining right up until xmas It was glorious, recent rides this year have unfortunately been dusty as all hell. And yes summer sucks balls unless your one of those weirdo's who think cricket or tennis is interesting :/

Winter riding is good, best riding is after winter when the ground is lush and fertile, weather is still cool, zero dust and rain in the evening before a ride..... when that glass is mostly full it's awesome

Jabiru is right if you intend on remaining with a non-registerable bike. Get yourself a dirt bike you can register and there is ample riding on offer.

But we are a state who's alleged "leaders" like to put fences around everything to protect us from ourselves

The gene pool of life is a bloody big pool. Some people swim in the middle, while others are having there heads hit the side alot.....

(Vertigo4U)
Old 20-03-2018
DBW Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabiru View Post
Hi Mark,

If you had good Dirt Bike Riding areas before you moved to Adelaide, I would move back there.

Sounds like club rides it is then lol

Down here for work so no chance of moving at least a couple of years.

Disappointing that there is nowhere to just jump on the bike and go for abit of a blat.
Old 20-03-2018
dbw Pro Legend

And if your keen for this weekend then Gawler Mcc have an event on at the old 3Star track at Wingfield this Sunday. Info is on their fb page