dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Proudly Sponsored by Mainjet Motorcycles

Old 20-11-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Lectrons are always on the lean side when purchased to get the economy. You can richen them up a little (1/4 to 1/2 turn) but sometimes it's hard to get them right (idle and stalling under brakes,downhills) if you need more then this and you'll need a different rod to get it right. Fuel economy will decrease as expected.
Old 20-11-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Rob at www.ballisticperformanceparts.com is a font of knowledge. 1 email and 5 minutes on the phone and I have a different metering rod to try...very pleased.
Old 20-11-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffie View Post
Lectrons are always on the lean side when purchased to get the economy. You can richen them up a little (1/4 to 1/2 turn) but sometimes it's hard to get them right (idle and stalling under brakes,downhills) if you need more then this and you'll need a different rod to get it right. Fuel economy will decrease as expected.
Mine was a f#$n mess from F1 Moto....wouldn't even start.
Old 31-03-2018
dbw Pro Hero

I rode a 2017 KTM 250 EXC with a Lectron last week. It ran REALLY well. Was smooth in power from low right to high. The thing pulled well down low too. It really pulled well from mid to high. The thing was surprisingly quick. Wheelstands in any gear, just wind it on. 'kin awesome bike.

Wasn't that great to sell my '14 Six Day yet, but it certainly didn't put me off Lectron carbs, that's for sure!
Old 31-03-2018
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
I rode a 2017 KTM 250 EXC with a Lectron last week. It ran REALLY well. Was smooth in power from low right to high. The thing pulled well down low too. It really pulled well from mid to high. The thing was surprisingly quick. Wheelstands in any gear, just wind it on. 'kin awesome bike.

Wasn't that great to sell my '14 Six Day yet, but it certainly didn't put me off Lectron carbs, that's for sure!
I think the problem is that guys try to tune them like they tune a conventional carb and that's where they go wrong. Once you get your head around how they work and how to tune them correct there bloody good! And Rob from Ballistic is the man!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 31-03-2018
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopliker View Post
...And Rob from Ballistic is the man!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Pretty sure the bike was set up with his direct input too.