dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > Victoria Ride Reports & Local Issues

Old 17-08-2015
DBW Dweller

I went to the Q&A session. The project team need to lodge the appropriate permit applications with themselves (yes, they do need to do that) and they are expecting approval in the next three or four months. After that, work will begin with a track builder/contractor performing the required works.

Due to budget considerations, the general layout of the main track will be retained. There's also a bit of work required to make the site conform to standards set by other government authorities (such as City West Water with regards to drainage).

There is space (as shown in the diagram in Battered Savs post above) for junior track/s but nothing was said about how they would end up. That is, if the existing two junior tracks will remain as they are or reconfigured.

The facility will be run by Motorcycling Victoria.
Old 17-08-2015
Foot long Sav

Well done on attending the meeting and thanks for reporting back.

Looks like they're working towards a good outcome.

Just a little concerned about the MV management, 'could' mean mandatory MA licences.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.

The opposite of success isn't failure, it's 'giving up'.

Last edited by Battered Sav; 25-03-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Old 19-08-2015
DBW Dweller

We'll have to see what happens with the licence thing. The times that the track is open aren't races as such. I don't know if MV operates any venues in such an arrangement. I think they need to aim for a day charge of whatever is competitive and at the end of the day they can call it what they like. MV do have day licences. This point was discussed but there weren't any MV representatives there to elaborate.
Old 19-08-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Sounds a bit like what they want to do @ Frankston? from what i've been told this seems to be a sticking point with Franston reopening? it will put the price to ride up a fair bit
Old 06-09-2015
DBW Dweller

Keep Fighting!

As a campaigner to get Frankston City Motorcycle Park back open, i feel you pain.
MV seem to not be willing to budge on a lot of aspects and seem to be implementing race policies and procedures and labelling them as recreational when they do not necessarily fit to that category.
To have the Rider insurance valid you need to have permits approved which is an extra cost that most clubs do not need and takes away from the money going back into the track as well as more money coming out of members pockets.
From a third party perspective it seems like a lot of money going out of the track instead of in.
Good Luck with your track and i hope you guys can get it open sooner rather than later! And i hope you can get it open without having MV involved on day to day basis as this is what we are fighting for.
Old 24-03-2016
DBW Dweller

Update: The project team got the planning permit from 'themselves' so the next phase will soon begin - the civil design phase. This is the detailed design phase and will be completed around May 2016. Construction will also commence this year however no firm date for opening has been worked out yet. A firm opening date probably hinges on the detailed design and what works that entails.
Old 14-08-2016
Foot long Sav

Latest update:
Quote:
Dear Stakeholders,

I am pleased to be able to bring you another update on the status of the Lawrie Emmins Motocross Track Development.

This is a complex project and there are a number of components to this project that have taken longer to resolve than initially anticipated. However, the project is progressing and we are moving ahead with the development.

Some elements of the project that we are currently working on include:

Melbourne Water easement
Civil engineering plans
Ongoing collaboration with Motorcycling Victoria
Irrigation design
Approvals and installation of a site office and machinery
New septic system installation
Approvals and installation of new toilet facilities

We remain hopeful to be starting construction early 2017.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions in relation to this update or have any comments.

Kind regards,

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.

The opposite of success isn't failure, it's 'giving up'.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
DBW Dweller

Update time! Local council has asked for tenders for running the track. I drive past the track two times a day and it doesn't look like much is happening there, but the call for people to run the track seems to indicate that things are moving slowly but surely.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

By the time that the useless council gets anything done the developers will have the houses backing up to the track and be offering them top dollar for that land. Pessimistic?Reality of living in Wyndham and seeing the agonizingly slow speed at which infrastructure gets built would suggest anyone thinking of going for a ride there needs to be patient.Very patient.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

I was living in Altona meadows when they were talking about re-opening it....

.. that was in 2011