dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Organise a Ride for Yourself. > Western Australia Rides

Old 06-10-2005
dbw Pro Addict

Exclamation WA Riding Area's

Share & discuss your Favorite area's to ride in WA

Mal

Last edited by threadersmal; 04-03-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 24-11-2005
dbw Pro

I couldn't find any points posted yet, but North bannister roadhouse is a great starting point for a ride.

I will be going this weekend hopefully so anyone up for a ride post a reply.

Old 23-01-2006
dbw Pro

The best two places i ride in perth are Metro rd on the brookton hwy, and goorie rd off the gt eastern hwy.
To get to metro rd drive down the brookton hwy about 30 km after you pass the suburd roleystone. The common meeting point is about 13 km down metro rd. This is a very popular place for rides with many single tracks around.
To get to goorie rd travel east on gt eastern hwy. It is roughly 15 km from mundaring townsite. It will be on the right 1 km past old northam rd. Head down this rd and turn right at the first y junction and left at the next y junction. This is and awsome place if you like hilly single track riding. I'm there with a few mates every weekend if anyone is up for a real challenge
Old 25-01-2006
dbw Factory Pro

I know why don't we post up all the riding locations on here that are not really all that legal so the rangers and police can just keep track on what everyone is doing !!!! If your going to ride in water catchment areas its best off to keep it to yourself or those in the know. Heaps of people in these more sensitive areas will ruin it. The East coast is heavily monitored don't wreck this place too. You don't know who is watching the net. Play it like secret squirrel fellas .

Marty MOOSE
Old 01-02-2006
dbw Pro

i would like to have a look at this goorie rd area. Im back into riding after a lot of years
out of practice and pretty slow but keen. can only ride on sundays. im from midland area let me know if anyone goes on a sunday.
thanks
Muzza
Old 10-05-2007
dbw Pro

hi. im chris . currently living in the U.K and am moving to oz . perth . i have been riding for 11 years and was wondering if there are any motocross tracks or events in tor around perth . thanks chris
Old 25-05-2007
dbw Pro

Im from Collie originally and have some of the best riding areas in the country at my doorstep. You guys want FUN, you ought to head to the Mornington Mills area east of Harvey. Hills and creek crossings everywhere...Hilly pine plantation and single enduro track winding all over. It has been my riding area for years only 20minutes ride from my driveway thru the scrub. Take a GPS, I know the area and I still get lost occasionally. Dont go alone either, there are some nasty dropoffs out there and you wont be the first to have the SES out looking for you.
Old 20-03-2008
dbw Pro

Need the throttle time

Hello all u crazy boys and girls

Hows tricks
Any way just got back from Europe need to ride all day every day for the next 3 weeks
no not really just need to ride
anybody riding this weekend (easter)please call 0414407627 scott
am keen will travel good rider
need some hills
Old 20-03-2008
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loghopper200 View Post
Im from Collie originally and have some of the best riding areas in the country at my doorstep. You guys want FUN, you ought to head to the Mornington Mills area east of Harvey. Hills and creek crossings everywhere...Hilly pine plantation and single enduro track winding all over. It has been my riding area for years only 20minutes ride from my driveway thru the scrub. Take a GPS, I know the area and I still get lost occasionally. Dont go alone either, there are some nasty dropoffs out there and you wont be the first to have the SES out looking for you.

Did a fair bit of riding in the Welly Dam area over the years when I was growing up un Bunbury. It is still great. My mates tell me that the small amount of good riding in WA means that you gotta be real careful of people coming the other way.

Victoria on the otherhand is dirt bike heaven compared to WA. Creeks and river crossing everywhere and you can ride from melbourne to NSW on dirt the whole way dropping onto bitumen only to get fuel in towns. And awsome scenery.

If you get the chance come over for a look.

You will not see this in WA.

Old 13-05-2008
dbw Pro

Hi guys, I was out at Gorrie Road today (Tues) its a good track, another good ride is from Lancelin through Wedge and Grey to Cervantes and back in one day

Rhys