dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Stolen Bikes List

Stolen Bikes List List your stolen bike details here...and stop the pr$%ks.

Old 29-04-2016
Banned

Theft Recovery Device if Bike Stolen - Spot Trace

With bike theft on the increase I feel I should again mention a device I use which ensures I can retrieve my bike if stolen. The product is called Spot Trace and it uses satellites to track your bikes movements not cell phone networks or radio so does work from anywhere in Australia. It can be hard wired to the bike battery and be hidden under the fairing as it can see through fibreglass so it is non- detectable. Once motion starts you and whom every you choose will get an SMS Text and/or email letting you know the bike has commenced motion. You can then track the movements down to as quick as 2.5 minute intervals either on your computer or on your smartphone or tablet using Google maps. The track updates give you the location on a map, GPS Co-Ordinates, and date and time of motion update, so its simple to either retrieve the bike yourself, or let the cops know and they can retrieve it or you. (Option 2 is best these days). The Spot Trace sells for $199 and you pay a one off Annual subscription of around $150.00 for unlimited use. Remember, its not just a theft recovery device, you can use the device and its map page every ride to allow family and friends to monitor your bike journeys so they know you are safe as well. The Spot Trace is readily available in Australia and there are many shops that sell them. The device has a 12 month warranty. This link will take you to the supplier in Australia so you can call them if you want more information. http://www.pivotel.com.au/spot-trace.php.

Hope this helps, its a cheap investment.
Old 29-04-2016
dbw Factory Pro

That's more than the cost of comprehensive insurance.
Old 29-04-2016
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
That's more than the cost of comprehensive insurance.
My thought exactly!
Old 29-04-2016
With 3 eyes.

But a VERY nicely placed bit of blatant advertising.
Old, slow, happy... and a little confused