dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Electrical Forum

Electrical Forum A forum for all the bright sparks!

Old 04-06-2016
DBW Dweller

Need help with essential wiring

Hey, I have a 2009 husky wr 125. I recently had to change my ignition coil, so I took photos of how everything was wired before I pulled the old one out, while the new coil was being shipped in, my phone killed itself and I lost my photos. So I have been trying for the past few nights to re wire it and get it started. Most of the wires are well and truly molested, but it was running before, so I should be able to get it to go now. I don't need the lights or anything like that, only want what's required to run the bike. I've tried many diagrams but all are slightly different to my bike, it seems to have no CDI. The cr 125 does, but the wr appears to not. Very confusing to me hahaha. Just needa know what needs to be grounded, what needs to connect to what, or just any info really cos for now my bike is a good looking paper weight, so any help would be appreciated
Cheers, Jonathan.
Old 04-06-2016
dbw Factory Pro

The wires should be colour coded. So you should be able to match up the connectors by looking at the wire colours?

Is the entire wiring harness removed from the bike? Or only several connectors are unplugged?
Old 04-06-2016
DBW Clubman

I found a w/shop manual on a site called slideshare for wr/cr125. Shows wiring diagrams for both bikes, cdi and non cdi systems.
I dunno how to attach links -sorry.
Old 04-06-2016
DBW Dweller

Thanks heaps for that guys, decided to check the stator today, seems the stator is making no power. I did have a look at that pigmygod and it seems they change all the colours of wires between the different year bikes, and cos I can't find a diagram for the 2009, Im not smart enough to know what needs to go where. And yeah all the wires are in there still haha but not too healthy. Thanks Oldschool but that is a different year to mine and things seem to have changed, but yeah seems that the problem is actually the stator, not my wiring. Smart me haha. Gotta learn somehow I guess.