dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 18-09-2016
Tom68's Avatar
Tom68 Tom68 is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbournes North West Suburbs
Posts: 9,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brugger View Post
This is the sort of riding I can handle atm, albeit not as quick as I used to be.




That's the sort of stuff that wears me out, I'm ok until I get stuck or have to muscle the bike. At the CCR, I was ok on the technical stuff until I lost momentum, got stuck or had to stop for someone in front getting stuck and then I struggled. On the more open stuff I was great, couple fellas commented that I got along ok.




That would be perfect, sadly closest to here would be maybe 4 hours drive. Do have some pretty reasonable higher paced fire trails around here, some are really rocky but they are ok. Got a favorite bit of single about 3k from my house, one direction is really challenging, the other quite a bit easier. I can handle it the easy way which always makes me smile.

On the plus side had a good day today, it's amazing what some decent shed/alone time can do to for ones state of mind.

Thanks all for the suggestions...
I have no idea how I'd really fair after getting a shit sandwich like you have but I have given it some thought.

Work with what you've got and enjoy it for what it is, I don't have the time to ride anymore, don't want to allocate the funds either, even though riding is one of the best things I've done but I have no trouble going without it.

Be happy with what you can do, forget about what others can do and what you think others expect of you.

Do what you can, treasure the moment, if the moment is shit...wear it and start fresh the next day.

In the past when I've found myself losing too much time on social media I've thought that's a hobby I can save for my later years or for times I'm laid up with injuries. With your experiences and knowledge you have a lot to offer even from behind a keyboard. Don't expect Kudos for the effort though, just know it's worthwhile.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 18-09-2016
Brugger's Avatar
Brugger Brugger is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On some single track
Posts: 7,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKWDW View Post
I know the feeling mate. Spent 12 months training and got no where really with my fitness so went to see a specialist. $1500 later turns out im only using 63% of my lung capacity and as soon as i exert myself my airways close up restricting my airways. Cant fix it thats just how things are. Sucks cos even running around with kids for a min is enough to have me huffn and puffn like a ran a marathon.



Maybe try and hone your technical skills a bit more to help make it easier with that side of things in the hard stuff

****, your lungs are worse than mine by the sounds of it. Can they do anything for it at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom68 View Post
I have no idea how I'd really fair after getting a shit sandwich like you have but I have given it some thought.



Work with what you've got and enjoy it for what it is, I don't have the time to ride anymore, don't want to allocate the funds either, even though riding is one of the best things I've done but I have no trouble going without it.



Be happy with what you can do, forget about what others can do and what you think others expect of you.



Do what you can, treasure the moment, if the moment is shit...wear it and start fresh the next day.



In the past when I've found myself losing too much time on social media I've thought that's a hobby I can save for my later years or for times I'm laid up with injuries. With your experiences and knowledge you have a lot to offer even from behind a keyboard. Don't expect Kudos for the effort though, just know it's worthwhile.

Some gems in there Tom, thanks
__________________
Current Rides: 04' WR450F, 08' CRF250X

For some there's therapy, for others there's dirtbikes.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 18-09-2016
silverfox's Avatar
silverfox silverfox is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Australia
Posts: 3,017
Some of my best times are when I'm alone in the shed, radio on, restoring my old MX bikes. Still bike related, and give me great pleasure in wire wheeling and p/ pack painting. Even hunting the parts down on the interweb is rewarding. Maybe give that a try. Next best thing to riding and the reward at the end is amazing!! Good Luck
__________________
WANTED, OLD MX BIKES OR PARTS
Life is all about ASS, Kissing it, kicking it, covering it and trying to get it!!!
"Going to McDonalds for a salad roll is like going to a brothel for a hug"

2016 Beta 300 RR, 2013 KTM500 EXC, !
Plus all this vintage stuff!!!!!!
72 Husky 400, 73 Husky 250, 77 RM 370x2 77 Honda CR 125, 79 Honda CR125, XR 75, 79 XL500 Honda hybird, 86 Suzuki TSX 250, 82 Honda CR480,83 CR250, 83 YZ 490, 77 Honda 750/4, 77 Maico 400 84 KDX 200/ 250, 90 KDX200
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 19-09-2016
Brugger's Avatar
Brugger Brugger is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On some single track
Posts: 7,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
Some of my best times are when I'm alone in the shed, radio on, restoring my old MX bikes. Still bike related, and give me great pleasure in wire wheeling and p/ pack painting. Even hunting the parts down on the interweb is rewarding. Maybe give that a try. Next best thing to riding and the reward at the end is amazing!! Good Luck

Haven't really got the disposable cash for that sort of thing but I do have a few projects that I've been meaning to get around to which in going to tackle.

You are dead right, I love just being out in my shed with no distractions.
__________________
Current Rides: 04' WR450F, 08' CRF250X

For some there's therapy, for others there's dirtbikes.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 12-10-2016
Tom68's Avatar
Tom68 Tom68 is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbournes North West Suburbs
Posts: 9,988
Man Up on channel 2 Tuesdays 8.30.





.

Last edited by Tom68; 13-10-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 14-10-2016
Smarty Smarty is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 227
Yes I watched episode 1 of Man Up last Tuesday night and really found it interesting, well worth the viewing if you can find it.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 14-10-2016
silverfox's Avatar
silverfox silverfox is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Australia
Posts: 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brugger View Post
Haven't really got the disposable cash for that sort of thing but I do have a few projects that I've been meaning to get around to which in going to tackle.

You are dead right, I love just being out in my shed with no distractions.
That's the go. Get out there and shut the door!! Pull your bike apart down to the frame, clean it all, and put it back together, Grease it all, and make it ready to rock when you are. No cash needed, just time
__________________
WANTED, OLD MX BIKES OR PARTS
Life is all about ASS, Kissing it, kicking it, covering it and trying to get it!!!
"Going to McDonalds for a salad roll is like going to a brothel for a hug"

2016 Beta 300 RR, 2013 KTM500 EXC, !
Plus all this vintage stuff!!!!!!
72 Husky 400, 73 Husky 250, 77 RM 370x2 77 Honda CR 125, 79 Honda CR125, XR 75, 79 XL500 Honda hybird, 86 Suzuki TSX 250, 82 Honda CR480,83 CR250, 83 YZ 490, 77 Honda 750/4, 77 Maico 400 84 KDX 200/ 250, 90 KDX200
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 14-10-2016
Brugger's Avatar
Brugger Brugger is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On some single track
Posts: 7,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
That's the go. Get out there and shut the door!! Pull your bike apart down to the frame, clean it all, and put it back together, Grease it all, and make it ready to rock when you are. No cash needed, just time

Done that, it's ready and rearing to go. Next project is dual batteries in my ute, been gathering all the required bits over the last few months, bit at a time. Ordered the last piece (the battery) on Wednesday. Should keep me busy for a couple of weekends.
__________________
Current Rides: 04' WR450F, 08' CRF250X

For some there's therapy, for others there's dirtbikes.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 14-10-2016
silverfox's Avatar
silverfox silverfox is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Australia
Posts: 3,017
__________________
WANTED, OLD MX BIKES OR PARTS
Life is all about ASS, Kissing it, kicking it, covering it and trying to get it!!!
"Going to McDonalds for a salad roll is like going to a brothel for a hug"

2016 Beta 300 RR, 2013 KTM500 EXC, !
Plus all this vintage stuff!!!!!!
72 Husky 400, 73 Husky 250, 77 RM 370x2 77 Honda CR 125, 79 Honda CR125, XR 75, 79 XL500 Honda hybird, 86 Suzuki TSX 250, 82 Honda CR480,83 CR250, 83 YZ 490, 77 Honda 750/4, 77 Maico 400 84 KDX 200/ 250, 90 KDX200
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dealing With Depression TonyH Off Track Talk 53 04-03-2013 10:16 AM
Suffering Depression crusier Off Track Talk 54 10-04-2010 12:58 AM
Recession, Depression, global financial crap what do you think? stubbsy Off Track Talk 12 22-09-2008 10:32 AM
You think you have it hard Bob64 General Bike Related Discussion 13 22-05-2008 08:01 PM
for those feeling a bit down in the dumps splint General Bike Related Discussion 3 17-12-2003 03:41 PM



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.