dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 01-02-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
dissension in the ranks as one of the guys tries to take out my brother by throwing a ktm freeride at him.

we've had a bit of freakishly cool sub 30C weather plus some rain to boot so went out to practice slipping and sliding around.

Should have been wearing your GumbBoots that Tim Coleman gave you
Old 14-02-2017
dbw Pro Legend

How to log grind and hop big logs at an angle

many asked how ruben does those log grinds so i got him to explain it. this is more of a stunt move though, so he also covered the more practical way to hop big logs at an angle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roon View Post
Should have been wearing your GumbBoots that Tim Coleman gave you
hey there's a thought for a new line of dirt riding boots... the GumbBoot.
Old 14-02-2017
DBW Expert

Ruben Chadwick is awesome.
Old 17-02-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoRadivo View Post
Ruben Chadwick is awesome.
he's not too shabby on a dirt bike, dao.

watched your vid about joey mac, it looks as though i'll be meeting and filming him in canada later this year....
Old 17-02-2017
dbw Pro Legend

How to tow a dirt bike

quite a few supporters asked for this one... how to tow a dirt bike. one thing i didn't include here is the option to loop the tow rope a few times through the tow bike's footpeg then the boot keeps it in place. then you just lift the boot to release it. probably missed a pile of things so keen to hear other tips....

and i figured this knee guards v knee braces issue was important enough to start a separate thread on the forum. lots of research the past few months trying to sort out the truth about knee braces as much as possible from the limited research that has been done.

my personal take? i wear knee guards for adventure riding, but will wear braces if we do some tough terrain. i ALWAYS wear braces for dirt riding.

braces are expensive, some guys find them uncomfortable, others just believe they don't really help much.... i hope this vid helps you decide whether to get them or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27XXYoaW0rs
Old 02-03-2017
dbw Pro Legend

monsieur jarvis est tres sexy, n'est ce pas?

apparently in canada this summer a rider will win the gumby of the day award and will have to wear the pink tutu the following day. i'm sure i'll be wearing it a lot lol. but i'll be proud (yet strangely uncomfortable) to have the testicular sweat of jarvis and colton haaker rubbed on to my boys. will i ride better as result? who knows?

this pic is from the latest issue of traction erag and was real eye opener about winter riding in the northern hemisphere. subscribe to the world's best shitty magazine to read it!

http://tractionerag.com/
Old 02-03-2017
dbw Pro

Hey Mr. Bergman
How about a review on upper body protection? Full vest/ roost shield ect.
Thanks and good vids and info by the way. I learned ALL my Gumby tricks from you!
Old 02-03-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrat View Post
Hey Mr. Bergman
How about a review on upper body protection? Full vest/ roost shield ect.
Thanks and good vids and info by the way. I learned ALL my Gumby tricks from you!
got a huge pile of topic requests from supporters so just focusing on them. but the good news is they have already requested that one.
Old 02-03-2017
dbw Pro Legend

this sort of continues the theme of a recent one about how to get more leave passes from your significant other to slide a dirt bike between your legs.

Old 06-03-2017
dbw Pro Legend

motocross to enduro conversion project bike

that poorly suspended mx monster, the KTM 250SX, is slowly becoming a civilized enduro beast at last.