dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 27-03-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Add to Nuttys list twisted engineering flex bars of the correct bend to suit you.
OMG no 2 stroke vibes through the bars and they take away allot of the hits that transfer through, flex in every direction
But most importantly your riding a 2 stroke that has less vibes through the bars than a 4 stroke, weird and beautiful at the same time, hands and forearms are so much more relaxed.
Old 27-03-2015
Bikefreak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Apsh7Cjzzw
Old 27-03-2015
DBW Expert

I found that a flatter bar bend helped me a lot. Less compression load on the outside of my palms. More neutral wrist angle.

Also the body warm up approach. Especially warming up the arms. One way to do this is go for a medium pace ride to bring on initial mild arm pump, then resting or light hand work for about 15 minutes or just long enough for it to subside. After that ride again and it never comes back for rest of the day.
Old 27-03-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Steg pegz and keep relaxed. Treat your grips like a pair of tits. Caress them, don't grab them!
Past:2016 KTM 300EXC
2010 YZ 250
2007 YZ 125
2011 YZ 450F SE
2009 YZ 450F SE
2001 YZ 426F
1998 RMX 250
1990 DT 200
1987 YZ 80
1984 DS 80
1980 PW 50
http://www.youtube.com/user/v8utes/videos
Old 27-03-2015
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
nutty, can you pass this along to jay marmont?
Who? The bloke with scars from shoulder-to-wrist on both arms from having his muscle sheaths cut open to relieve arm-pump, who carried his dead baby daughters' coffin out to the hearse in his own arms? The toughest man, physically and mentally, that I know? There's always one Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
Add to Nuttys list twisted engineering flex bars of the correct bend to suit you.
OMG no 2 stroke vibes through the bars and they take away allot of the hits that transfer through, flex in every direction
But most importantly your riding a 2 stroke that has less vibes through the bars than a 4 stroke, weird and beautiful at the same time, hands and forearms are so much more relaxed.
Or just balance the motor, probably cheaper than the bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by numroe View Post
I found that a flatter bar bend helped me a lot.
Old 27-03-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Who? The bloke with scars from shoulder-to-wrist on both arms from having his muscle sheaths cut open to relieve arm-pump, who carried his dead baby daughters' coffin out to the hearse in his own arms? The toughest man, physically and mentally, that I know? There's always one Mr B.

Or just balance the motor, probably cheaper than the bars.

Been thinking about this comment all day. Some things just stick in your head.

I'm a lucky bloke, done nothing in particular to deserve it. Feel a bit luckier today.
I'm sorry for their loss.
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - free accident replacement motorcycles for non-fault riders. Current rental fleet includes CBR300R, CB500F, CB500X, UK110s...
Old 08-09-2015
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbit View Post
Steg pegz and keep relaxed. Treat your grips like a pair of tits. Caress them, don't grab them!
While I have not used Steg Pegz, I have however used the others, and you are spot on, Relaxed is the only way to go.

I "fought" the bike at first, trying to make it stay on a straight path, battled the headshakes etc, only to end with huge arm pump, to the point of crashing.

Now i am much more relaxed, let the bike "flow" if that makes sense, almost just have the hands resting on the grips and let the small head shakes etc just happen, trying to spend more time standing also appears to help with the relaxed riding method. I found it hard at first to stand, as it was something I had not done much, but the more I do, the better it feels.

The other big change I noticed was with a big improvement in my cardiovascular fitness over the past 4 month, Arm pump is something I no longer have to think of, it just doesn't happen any more.

A combination of improved riding style, maybe improved riding ability due to more riding and training, along with a major increase in my fitness and reduction of body fat has made riding much more fun with next to no pain. Very happy.
Old 08-09-2015
dbw Pro Hero

If "hanging on loosely" is the go, why do all the top riders tape their hands to avoid blisters?
Old 08-09-2015
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
If "hanging on loosely" is the go, why do all the top riders tape their hands to avoid blisters?
I would think if you were holding on loosely then your hands would move around more on the bars and you would get blisters quicker.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Dirt Bike World mobile app
Old 08-09-2015
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeno View Post
I would think if you were holding on loosely then your hands would move around more on the bars and you would get blisters quicker.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Dirt Bike World mobile app
I have always thought it was because they hold on bloody tight.