dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 20-12-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by poper View Post
Turnbull is giving away billions for new innovators?
I doubt Clake is a mate of Turnbull but I could be wrong. Turnbull is much loved by some. Maybe add a "climate change angle" and how it is good for the planet. You never know your luck with the fairies.
Old 20-12-2015
The "One" and only

Sounds like a good thing to get behind, Clake products are beautifully engineered and constructed. Although I have no need for any of their riding aids, I really like their approach to business.

What they really need to offer IMO is a thumb-operated LHRB. I reckon they'd sell a million more of that product than a servo clutch kit that will struggle to retail under $1K
Old 20-12-2015
dbw Pro Champion

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von View Post
I doubt Clake is a mate of Turnbull but I could be wrong. Turnbull is much loved by some. Maybe add a "climate change angle" and how it is good for the planet. You never know your luck with the fairies.
id be going for something like road safety, have you ever see the accountant or middle eastern druglord do a panic rear braking on his/her new Harley, nothing like MM or VR sliding in to a corner in Valencia.
Old 20-12-2015
dbw Pro Champion

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Sounds like a good thing to get behind, Clake products are beautifully engineered and constructed. Although I have no need for any of their riding aids, I really like their approach to business.

What they really need to offer IMO is a thumb-operated LHRB. I reckon they'd sell a million more of that product than a servo clutch kit that will struggle to retail under $1K
yes and more yes, even an push button electric rear brake would be good, impressing the bowls ladies I still need to hit the kill button, but on a 250f still not enough compression to bring the front down fast enough
Old 20-12-2015
dbw Pro Champion

Good idea , I'm with Nutty on the thumb brake , anything else is to me not necessary or way expensive , rear thumb brake would be a game changer though .
Old 21-12-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Barry, what about this auto beast for a start?

A left index finger-operated audio mixer "fader" style clutch is my 2c..

2 guys I ride with have Clake One's. Impressive device, but not quite ready for one yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Auto.jpg (42.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 21-12-2015
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokonvert View Post
.. Impressive device, but not quite ready for one yet.
What do you mean exactly by that? Can't afford one.... don't want one just yet? I am even going to put One on my Guzzi.
Old 21-12-2015
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADAL View Post
rear thumb brake would be a game changer though .
Really? I can't see it being very easy to control a clutch, a brake and hold onto the handle bar.

I think the Clake One is a much simpler approach as far as control goes.
Old 22-12-2015
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
What do you mean exactly by that? Can't afford one.... don't want one just yet? I am even going to put One on my Guzzi.
Pete, meaning I can operate the Brembo clutch on my bike with one finger no worries. Only go to 2 fingers when I get tired.
Old 22-12-2015
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokonvert View Post
Pete, meaning I can operate the Brembo clutch on my bike with one finger no worries. Only go to 2 fingers when I get tired.
Roger that. Yeah - I can't operate one finger only as I have a disability. But notwithstanding that, I reckon the fact that the rest of the lever is out of the way and you can hold on with your three other fingers and thumb is just brilliant. I tried One a couple of times for a short while and wasn't too impressed at first. But once I had mine for a full day - I was sold.