dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 02-01-2016
Ready and lubricated.

Old 02-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
How much coin for that?

$130, this is enough for breakfast and lunch for a month, yeah there may be better options out there but at least it is a start. If i cut back on beer I would drop 10kg easy
Old 02-01-2016
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
$130, this is enough for breakfast and lunch for a month, yeah there may be better options out there but at least it is a start. If i cut back on beer I would drop 10kg easy
Scotch on the rocks.....71 kg for years.
Old 02-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Any Start is a start! Motivation is the hard part, I miss feeling healthy and the motivation is building to turn my own corner.

No one ever transitions to/from any polar opposite in one step. Some decent results will lead to the next stage

Last edited by slideshowbob; 03-01-2016 at 12:07 AM. Reason: missed a next!
Old 05-01-2016
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideshowbob View Post
Any Start is a start! Motivation is the hard part, I miss feeling healthy and the motivation is building to turn my own corner.

No one ever transitions to/from any polar opposite in one step. Some decent results will lead to the next stage
This is my excuse for buying it. I need the motivation to hopefully Kickstart a new me. Weight 104 atm hopefully can drop 10 and then need to keep it off.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Dirt Bike World mobile app
Old 05-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

I can help with motivation.. give me $100 now, and I'll give $110 back if you hit your target weight in the agreed time.

If you don't - I keep the cash. Keen?
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - accident replacement motorcycles and rentals
Old 05-01-2016
dbw Pro Addict

I am a fan of the Bulk Nutrients range - for both quality & price

Eat less 'rubbish'
Exercise more
Minimal booze
etc.......................
Old 05-01-2016
dbw Factory Pro

It's pretty simple really.
Decrease simple carbs.
Decrease sugar.
Increase water.
Exercise;
- 3x 20 kettlebell swing;

- 3x 10 burpee.

- 10-30 second break between each set.
- 3-4 times per week.
- Book Men's Fitness magazine cover shoot in 4-6 months...

Done
Old 05-01-2016
dbw Pro Addict

meal replacement shakes are not bad to lose the gut. but you need to understand the basics behind it also. there is never going to be a simple shortcut that can be done long term - you need to adjust your lifestyle for things to change.
i wrote a cookbook last year focussing on ultra low carb meal plans as part of "biggest loser" type program for my cousin who is one of australias top personal trainers. and that is the basics behind losing weight.
basically, you want to lower your carb intake and raise your protein intake. protein keeps you feeling fuller for longer. carbs are the bodies fuel and if you are not ingesting much the body reverts to using fat stores for food. also intake < output so raise your exercise levels and eat smaller portions.
exemple daily meal plan for myself, which i have stuck to for the last year or so, and intend on doing for however long i want:
2-3 eggs and steak and veggies for breaky. (either an omelette or bacon and poached eggs. NO TOAST)
lean meat and salad for lunch. (tuna, chicken, steak sandwich etc NO BREAD)
anything you'd normally have for dinner, just no pasta, rice, potatoes, pastry, pizza etc. steak and veggies, pasta sauce with veg instead of pasta, stir fry with no rice etc.
swap beer for spirits.
and any meal can be replaced with a shake. i use max's super shred.
Old 06-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Adam mcdougall haha.. He supposedly used to (maybe still does) talk to his quads

I don't like how they don't list the actual nutrients of each serve. They use comparisons with other foods. I'm guessing because it would look much like hundreds of other products, which can be bought much cheaper. It has to be on the pack but you've already paid by the time you've read it. Unless it's somewhere else on the site.

A good lean (not bulking) protein prowder with added vitamins and minerals can be bought for probably half the price from supplement warehouse etc.

Dalboy, most, if not all people recommend a carb ratio of at least 40% (some 50 or 60) and I don't know where you get the idea protein makes you feel full. I could eat half a cow and still be hungry an hour later.

It's simply about eating lean meats, low GI carbs like brown rice and good fats, like from avocado and nuts. And obviously limiting sugar and bad fats. Also obviously burning calories through exercise etc.

I could never replace a meal with liquid tbh.