dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 06-01-2016
Travelling Idiot

All this 'diet' crap is funny.........and just that, crap.

We have reverted to the thinking 'if granny couldnt buy it, we dont', and bloody hell its good, plain old meat & veg, rice, pasta etc, but the flavours you can bring about with herbs and/or spices are amazing.

Having said that, we move a lot more since being here, but l still drink too much beer

It might be hard to accept, but being overweight is due to being lazy, lazy with food preparation and lazy with movement.
Old 06-01-2016
dbw Pro Addict

Location: island jungle where dreams will come true, down here where we all screw
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg View Post
It might be hard to accept, but being overweight is due to being lazy, lazy with food preparation and lazy with movement.
And old mate who moved to Swaziland and rides push bikes has it in one. Less in, more out fatties. Simple.
Old 06-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post

*snip*

He's also using almond milk instead of water for his lunch shake and thats a nice combo.
Almond 'milk' is pretty much flavoured water... 2% almond in the last one I checked
Old 06-01-2016
dbw Pro Addict

I watched "That sugar film" the other night. Not usually one to walk away from something on the box with any kind of hard thoughts or opinions. But a lot of it really hit home. Good documentary that didn't seem too skewed or biased and included some scientific information to back up the findings. Obviously you'd have to dig for the factual evidence, but everything rang true, not only with me, but also with what I see in the family (particularly relating to the mental/emotional side effects).

As such we've implemented a few changes in diet. Nothing hard or fast. Nothing aimed at losing weight.. but simply eating more whole foods and less "sweetened goods" (which are most things that come out of a box). Getting back to where treats were treats, and not part of the daily indulge. Good thing is that the missus and young fella have taken it in their stride and imo that is half the battle won.

We've always cooked quite balanced healthy meals though, so its really just cutting the softdrink out of the rums, knocking back the bad boxed snacks for more fruit/eggs/nuts, and having the coffee without sugar. That alone should make a pretty significant difference to daily intake.
Old 06-01-2016
The "One" and only

This 'man shake' crap is just that, crap. It should be called 'Lazy fat bastard shake'.

If you're too bloody lazy to get up 1/2 hour earlier, eat a decent brekky and pack some healthy crib for yourself, then you're doomed to being a fat bastard all your life.

When I see the effect that a bit of self control has had on Arctra and Rocketrod then there's no reason for anyone without a medical condition to be a fatty.

Dean and Rod both posses great intelligence and a strong mind, I guess that's the REAL key to it all.
Old 06-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

I already get up at 4:30am each day, no way I'm getting up at 4am and cooking eggs and a healthy breaky! and I don't have the option at work to do cook a healthy breaky.
Old 06-01-2016
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
I already get up at 4:30am each day, no way I'm getting up at 4am and cooking eggs and a healthy breaky! and I don't have the option at work to do cook a healthy breaky.
Fairly easy to prepare some oats / fruit / yoghurt the night before ?
Old 06-01-2016
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Well, that's what you just have to do Wayne. I get up at the same time (4am), the A/C is set for 3:55. Nice brekky, clean up, pack lunch and off on the 115km ride to work at 5:30.

I just go to bed 1/2 hour earlier, it's all just a matter of time management and motivation I guess. Surely we can all shorten our evenings by 1/2 hour for the good of our health?

It's good to see a few of my closer riding buddies making gains with their health, special mention to Echidna, he rides so much better as a bonus. If you want to keep riding into later years, keeping your weight under control is imperative.

Not many O/55s still riding regularly...
Old 06-01-2016
dbw Pro Champion

I was havin a quick beer at lunch one day in Coffs, it was St Patrick's day, this bloke at the bar next to me orders a Guinness, he has a little sip then proceeds to put two oysters in it .... the bloke on the other side say's to me, "do you know the definition of disgusting ? " na i say, "two oysters having a F... in a bucket of snot "

now, that is a man shake .....
Old 06-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post

Not many O/55s still riding regularly...
kwakas and jallopy are inspiring 60+ riders, they're both pretty lean and they still have great flexibility and I don't hear any moaning and groaning from them on rides...just the occasional outburst of ^%$^#%@%# when the bikes go down for a nanna nap after lunch....

Only another 14 months and then I can join the +55s club....surely we should get a discount on our NSW rego ???