dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw User Reviews

dbw User Reviews dbw users share with the rest of us their own views on stuff they have tried. Proudly Sponsored by: Beta Australia

Old 12-01-2016
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokonvert View Post
Nutty, positives can outweigh negatives with all dirt bikes, as you well know.

For example, a lot of TM owners can put up with no e-start and couldn't give 2 hoots about a 9 yr old frame because the motors appear extremely durable and the motor characteristic of the 300 puts the fear into people (in a 2-stroke, good kinda way!).

I rode my brother's (now Kwakas) TM 300 & it is still the most exciting dirt bike I've ridden lately. That's enough for some people to overlook it's "faults".

Not for me - I was close to buying one. Nate's new 2016 EN300 is a beautiful motorcycle.

I respect your right to criticize part of my review. Let's not turn this into a pedantic dissection of a technicality.
THIS! The exact reason I bought mine! I care not a jot for electric start.. every brand bar none is reduced to kicking at some point..! 9 year old frame? Doesn't worry me either, as long as it holds the bits where they are supposed to be i'm not fussed about this in the slightest either, the front suspension is brilliant and the shock isn't too far off either, and yep the fear shows up very regularly when I ride it!
Back to the Beta's I agree they are a great product with little refinement needed, stupidly cheap parts and backed by people who give a crap about the product/support/brand recognition. All the luck to them. My brother is stoked with his as well.
Nutty, what years were you doing airbox clearancing on? Mine is good for clearance and the air box boot is so bloody soft it's fantastic to get the carby out for tweaking.

If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people.. House.
Old 12-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I could easily make a Beta 300 a near-perfect bike for me.
So, next bike sorted then, Nutty!

Agree on the seat - no frame rails digging in but no railway station bench either.

Pegs back, flat stock 'bar with little sweep helps riding position too, big time.

I'll shut up now - it'll probably crap itself
Old 12-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

.....boom.
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - accident replacement motorcycles and rentals
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
flat stock 'bar with little sweep helps riding position too, big time.
I'm not getting along with the bars at all, tried middle and forward mounting positions.. rolled bars forward and back, adjusted lever positions and got the correct springs for my weight and still get sore shoulders/wrist and major tingling in the hands on downhills.
Maybe I lean over to the bars too much? Cheap option maybe to try bar risers next
Old 13-01-2016
The "One" and only

Quote:
So, next bike sorted then Nutty.
Honestly KK, in a straight head-to-head, for me, the Beta is the better bike overall. That conclusion driven in no small part by RRP, spares prices, competent dealers and a passionate importer.

If I was in the market as a punter, paying full freight, the Beta would be my first choice.
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescaline View Post
I'm not getting along with the bars at all, tried middle and forward mounting positions.. rolled bars forward and back, adjusted lever positions and got the correct springs for my weight and still get sore shoulders/wrist and major tingling in the hands on downhills.
Maybe I lean over to the bars too much? Cheap option maybe to try bar risers next
How's the fork action? Air in there? Front wheel/triple torqued to spec? Have you swapped out to a lower or higher bend to try?

Holding on too tight? When I feel myself doing it, I grip tight with legs & relax hands.

Take a selfie of you on the bike, post up & let's have a look. I'm no expert on ergos, but flat levers, middle position, bar end in line with a central imaginary line straight down the fork works for me.
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Correct springs helped a bit but it could do with some valve work, not so plush atm.
I would like to try different bars - my last bike (berg 570) never gave me these feelings. I wore down the outside of the grips on the berg, the beta bars are kicked up at the ends more so than the flatter 570 bars.
Trying different bars, easier said than done.. not cheap either.
I am probably more prone to this as I have had one clavicle excision and on the waiting list to have the other side done.
I have nerve pain in both shoulders to my wrists... but its got much worse since getting the Beta

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Addict

Definitely start trying different bend 'bars!
Personally, I love bars with minimal sweep, but everyone is different.
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescaline View Post
I would like to try different bars - my last bike (berg 570) never gave me these feelings. I wore down the outside of the grips on the berg, the beta bars are kicked up at the ends more so than the flatter 570 bars.
Trying different bars, easier said than done.. not cheap either.
I am probably more prone to this as I have had one clavicle excision and on the waiting list to have the other side done.
I have nerve pain in both shoulders to my wrists... but its got much worse since getting the Beta

um, you can't compare a 570 and a 300 when it comes to vibs, it's apples and oranges IF you have a medical condition that is sensitive to certain vibrations.

the best bike i found was a 150 kato,and 250 4t are ok. But i love bikes with stupid amounts of power.... it just floats my boat.

Bars, well, having just got a set of Flexbars, i can say they are the shiz. If you want to try them on the 300, we could arrange that, it just might work for you.

having gone from 300'to 525 to 450 to 300 to 498, i know how awkward 300 vibes can be, rubber mounted bar clamps are another option.

However i don't think any type or regular bars are going to fix ya problem. You might get small benefits, and pillow grips vs thin grips would do just as much... been there done that.....

i actually want to try a set of twisted engineering composite bars, cause i need another set of bars for my 300 project, and they are cheaper than the flexbars. thread hijack alert !!!
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
um, you can't compare a 570 and a 300 when it comes to vibs, it's apples and oranges IF you have a medical condition that is sensitive to certain vibrations.

the best bike i found was a 150 kato,and 250 4t are ok. But i love bikes with stupid amounts of power.... it just floats my boat.

Bars, well, having just got a set of Flexbars, i can say they are the shiz. If you want to try them on the 300, we could arrange that, it just might work for you.

having gone from 300'to 525 to 450 to 300 to 498, i know how awkward 300 vibes can be, rubber mounted bar clamps are another option.

However i don't think any type or regular bars are going to fix ya problem. You might get small benefits, and pillow grips vs thin grips would do just as much... been there done that.....

i actually want to try a set of twisted engineering composite bars, cause i need another set of bars for my 300 project, and they are cheaper than the flexbars. thread hijack alert !!!
Lu and Mescaline, you might wanna check out these Neken 'Smooth Feeling System' Triples...

Not sure they make them for Enduro yet though?

Pricey yes...but if you wanna keep riding?

Neken.jpg

Hanna Somatics
www.hannasomatics.com

Feldenkrais
www.feldenkrais.com