dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw User Reviews

dbw User Reviews dbw users share with the rest of us their own views on stuff they have tried. Proudly Sponsored by: Beta Australia


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 13-01-2016
Mescaline's Avatar
Mescaline Mescaline is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sth NSW - Cheese country
Posts: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
um, you can't compare a 570 and a 300 when it comes to vibs, it's apples and oranges IF you have a medical condition that is sensitive to certain vibrations.

the best bike i found was a 150 kato,and 250 4t are ok. But i love bikes with stupid amounts of power.... it just floats my boat.

Bars, well, having just got a set of Flexbars, i can say they are the shiz. If you want to try them on the 300, we could arrange that, it just might work for you.

having gone from 300'to 525 to 450 to 300 to 498, i know how awkward 300 vibes can be, rubber mounted bar clamps are another option.

However i don't think any type or regular bars are going to fix ya problem. You might get small benefits, and pillow grips vs thin grips would do just as much... been there done that.....

i actually want to try a set of twisted engineering composite bars, cause i need another set of bars for my 300 project, and they are cheaper than the flexbars. thread hijack alert !!!
Thanks for the kind offer Lu, I may just buy a set of TE composite bars and we can compare the pair.. Vibes aside, I felt the bar bend and height (1 inch risers) on the 570 fit me like a glove.
The moment I got on the Beta I felt it was a little uncomfortable. I have ridden a couple of KTM 300's since and noticed how much more my body agree's with the positioning.
Not discounting that vibration could be part of my problem, infact I could use it as an excuse to buy those composite bars!
I have to add, it is a minor gripe on a fantastic bike.

[edit: apologies for hijack as well!! ]
__________________
2016 Beta 300
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 13-01-2016
Blulu's Avatar
Blulu Blulu is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My happy place
Posts: 4,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescaline View Post
Thanks for the kind offer Lu, I may just buy a set of TE composite bars and we can compare the pair.. Vibes aside, I felt the bar bend and height (1 inch risers) on the 570 fit me like a glove.
The moment I got on the Beta I felt it was a little uncomfortable. I have ridden a couple of KTM 300's since and noticed how much more my body agree's with the positioning.
Not discounting that vibration could be part of my problem, infact I could use it as an excuse to buy those composite bars!
I have to add, it is a minor gripe on a fantastic bike.

[edit: apologies for hijack as well!! ]
interesting, cause i'm not a fan of the berg ego's, the bars feel to low, but find the kato much better
i just love the beta ergo's, the flex bars i got are very close to the beta bend. get those composite bars, we could do a day here on the grass track and endurox course, swap bars and work out some really scientific crap about bars, or just ride and drink piss, win win , either way....
two days would be needed of course ....

i really like those triples, that shit is next level, who wants to buy a set of those, for scientific research ......
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 13-01-2016
katokonvert katokonvert is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,671
Is the problem related to seat/peg/bar triangle? If your clavicles are not so good and you're in a lowish standing attack position (flattish stock 'bar), surely that's going to put more weight on your weakest link?

Maybe shave some seat foam & try risers? - I'm pretty sure the bog standard KTM riser kits fit.

Thread hijack threshold not reached - carry on..
__________________
Beta RR300
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 13-01-2016
Mescaline's Avatar
Mescaline Mescaline is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sth NSW - Cheese country
Posts: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
interesting, cause i'm not a fan of the berg ego's, the bars feel to low, but find the kato much better
i just love the beta ergo's, the flex bars i got are very close to the beta bend. get those composite bars, we could do a day here on the grass track and endurox course, swap bars and work out some really scientific crap about bars, or just ride and drink piss, win win , either way....
two days would be needed of course ....

i really like those triples, that shit is next level, who wants to buy a set of those, for scientific research ......
The Berg I had came with risers, 20mm to an inch I guess. Product testing.. ill do some investigation and when funds allow maybe ill get a set of bars lol.

Kato that has been my thought as well.. I am hunched over more than other bikes. Im not tall but maybe short arms?
Shaving seat wouldnt help, only notice it when standing

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 Beta 300
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 13-01-2016
Spac's Avatar
Spac Spac is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: A bit out of Canberra.
Posts: 8,189
Beta ergos:
At 6'0", my main complaint is that I find it hard to grip the tank with my knees when standing. The insides of my knees have nothing to grip to, basically.
This makes hills very physical, unless I sit down...

I'm pretty certain that a higher seat foam will help a lot - so certain that I still haven't ordered one after 3 years of ownership...

When I bought my Scott's dampener kit, they said they were only doing underbar kits (but have since supplied plenty of above bar kits... ). The taller seat should also balance out the way the under bar dampener made the bars too high.
__________________
1986 DR250Z.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 14-01-2016
Blulu's Avatar
Blulu Blulu is offline
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My happy place
Posts: 4,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spac View Post
Beta ergos:
At 6'0", my main complaint is that I find it hard to grip the tank with my knees when standing. The insides of my knees have nothing to grip to, basically.
This makes hills very physical, unless I sit down...
.
i reckon Birch would tell you, grip with ya calfs, not ya knees ....

problem solved .....

it's amazing how well it works, particularly when jumping logs Birch
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 14-01-2016
Pete40's Avatar
Pete40 Pete40 is online now
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boggo Rd. Jail
Posts: 10,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
i reckon Birch would tell you, grip with ya calfs, not ya knees ....

problem solved .....

it's amazing how well it works, particularly when jumping logs Birch
Yeah - forgot about that one - good tip. It does work well, grip with ankles even.

I want a set of those TE bars too.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 14-01-2016
Spac's Avatar
Spac Spac is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: A bit out of Canberra.
Posts: 8,189
Probably because of my knee braces, I can't grip anything with my calves.
The Beta radiator shrouds are heavily tapered where I want my knees to grip - so squeezing harder just pushes me back on the bike (like a wedge).
__________________
1986 DR250Z.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 14-01-2016
Pete40's Avatar
Pete40 Pete40 is online now
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boggo Rd. Jail
Posts: 10,794
Grip the engine cases with your boots. Your knee braces shouldn't interfere with that.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 14-01-2016
Nutty's Avatar
Nutty Nutty is offline
The "One" and only
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rocking' all over the world.
Posts: 10,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
interesting, because I'm not a fan of the Berg ergo's, the bars feel too low, I find the Kato much better.
Its true but still weird eh Lu?, Berg/Husky and KTM (standing) ergos are identical from 2013 yet the KTM feels better IMO. You sit harder in the front coming into turns on the Berg and ride the KTM further forward in the chassis. Both are fine BTW, the KTM just feels better to me.

The Beta is a physically smaller bike ergo-wise than the KTM, maybe it's a ergo issue Mescy, dunno. The Beta's I've ridden all feel very compact compared to a KTM. You're welcome to ride my well-sorted 16 KTM for a comparison.

Maybe Blulu can post some measurement comparisons, he has both chassis on hand.
__________________
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forced 12 months off Danh124 Off Track Talk 16 24-12-2015 09:11 AM
BETA watch out you BETA look out BETA is Sydney Bound!!!!!! threadersmal Beta Forum 21 11-03-2015 05:49 PM
Sell my KTM for BETA whats so different and beta about them ggg Beta Forum 17 13-09-2014 05:49 PM
3 months blocky Off Track Talk 14 17-10-2009 11:18 PM
MY YZ450F 07 , the 1st 6 months. jays22b Yamaha Forum 11 14-10-2007 08:29 PM



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.