dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw User Reviews

dbw User Reviews dbw users share with the rest of us their own views on stuff they have tried. Proudly Sponsored by: Beta Australia

Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
um, you can't compare a 570 and a 300 when it comes to vibs, it's apples and oranges IF you have a medical condition that is sensitive to certain vibrations.

the best bike i found was a 150 kato,and 250 4t are ok. But i love bikes with stupid amounts of power.... it just floats my boat.

Bars, well, having just got a set of Flexbars, i can say they are the shiz. If you want to try them on the 300, we could arrange that, it just might work for you.

having gone from 300'to 525 to 450 to 300 to 498, i know how awkward 300 vibes can be, rubber mounted bar clamps are another option.

However i don't think any type or regular bars are going to fix ya problem. You might get small benefits, and pillow grips vs thin grips would do just as much... been there done that.....

i actually want to try a set of twisted engineering composite bars, cause i need another set of bars for my 300 project, and they are cheaper than the flexbars. thread hijack alert !!!
Thanks for the kind offer Lu, I may just buy a set of TE composite bars and we can compare the pair.. Vibes aside, I felt the bar bend and height (1 inch risers) on the 570 fit me like a glove.
The moment I got on the Beta I felt it was a little uncomfortable. I have ridden a couple of KTM 300's since and noticed how much more my body agree's with the positioning.
Not discounting that vibration could be part of my problem, infact I could use it as an excuse to buy those composite bars!
I have to add, it is a minor gripe on a fantastic bike.

[edit: apologies for hijack as well!! ]
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescaline View Post
Thanks for the kind offer Lu, I may just buy a set of TE composite bars and we can compare the pair.. Vibes aside, I felt the bar bend and height (1 inch risers) on the 570 fit me like a glove.
The moment I got on the Beta I felt it was a little uncomfortable. I have ridden a couple of KTM 300's since and noticed how much more my body agree's with the positioning.
Not discounting that vibration could be part of my problem, infact I could use it as an excuse to buy those composite bars!
I have to add, it is a minor gripe on a fantastic bike.

[edit: apologies for hijack as well!! ]
interesting, cause i'm not a fan of the berg ego's, the bars feel to low, but find the kato much better
i just love the beta ergo's, the flex bars i got are very close to the beta bend. get those composite bars, we could do a day here on the grass track and endurox course, swap bars and work out some really scientific crap about bars, or just ride and drink piss, win win , either way....
two days would be needed of course ....

i really like those triples, that shit is next level, who wants to buy a set of those, for scientific research ......
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Is the problem related to seat/peg/bar triangle? If your clavicles are not so good and you're in a lowish standing attack position (flattish stock 'bar), surely that's going to put more weight on your weakest link?

Maybe shave some seat foam & try risers? - I'm pretty sure the bog standard KTM riser kits fit.

Thread hijack threshold not reached - carry on..
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
interesting, cause i'm not a fan of the berg ego's, the bars feel to low, but find the kato much better
i just love the beta ergo's, the flex bars i got are very close to the beta bend. get those composite bars, we could do a day here on the grass track and endurox course, swap bars and work out some really scientific crap about bars, or just ride and drink piss, win win , either way....
two days would be needed of course ....

i really like those triples, that shit is next level, who wants to buy a set of those, for scientific research ......
The Berg I had came with risers, 20mm to an inch I guess. Product testing.. ill do some investigation and when funds allow maybe ill get a set of bars lol.

Kato that has been my thought as well.. I am hunched over more than other bikes. Im not tall but maybe short arms?
Shaving seat wouldnt help, only notice it when standing

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Old 13-01-2016
dbw Pro Addict

Beta ergos:
At 6'0", my main complaint is that I find it hard to grip the tank with my knees when standing. The insides of my knees have nothing to grip to, basically.
This makes hills very physical, unless I sit down...

I'm pretty certain that a higher seat foam will help a lot - so certain that I still haven't ordered one after 3 years of ownership...

When I bought my Scott's dampener kit, they said they were only doing underbar kits (but have since supplied plenty of above bar kits... ). The taller seat should also balance out the way the under bar dampener made the bars too high.
Old 14-01-2016
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spac View Post
Beta ergos:
At 6'0", my main complaint is that I find it hard to grip the tank with my knees when standing. The insides of my knees have nothing to grip to, basically.
This makes hills very physical, unless I sit down...
i reckon Birch would tell you, grip with ya calfs, not ya knees ....

problem solved .....

it's amazing how well it works, particularly when jumping logs Birch
Old 14-01-2016
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
i reckon Birch would tell you, grip with ya calfs, not ya knees ....

problem solved .....

it's amazing how well it works, particularly when jumping logs Birch
Yeah - forgot about that one - good tip. It does work well, grip with ankles even.

I want a set of those TE bars too.
Old 14-01-2016
dbw Pro Addict

Probably because of my knee braces, I can't grip anything with my calves.
The Beta radiator shrouds are heavily tapered where I want my knees to grip - so squeezing harder just pushes me back on the bike (like a wedge).
Old 14-01-2016
dbw Pro Hero

Grip the engine cases with your boots. Your knee braces shouldn't interfere with that.
Old 14-01-2016
The "One" and only

Quote:
interesting, because I'm not a fan of the Berg ergo's, the bars feel too low, I find the Kato much better.
Its true but still weird eh Lu?, Berg/Husky and KTM (standing) ergos are identical from 2013 yet the KTM feels better IMO. You sit harder in the front coming into turns on the Berg and ride the KTM further forward in the chassis. Both are fine BTW, the KTM just feels better to me.

The Beta is a physically smaller bike ergo-wise than the KTM, maybe it's a ergo issue Mescy, dunno. The Beta's I've ridden all feel very compact compared to a KTM. You're welcome to ride my well-sorted 16 KTM for a comparison.

Maybe Blulu can post some measurement comparisons, he has both chassis on hand.