dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Electrical Forum

Electrical Forum A forum for all the bright sparks!

Old 08-04-2016
dbw Pro Legend

PW 50 wiring diagram

Anyone played with PW50s that have changed over to the modern day chinese loom? I have an '84 PW50 and runs well but had a dodgy switch and wiring all over the shop and I had to pull the choke on to stop it. I have some new bits for the old girl, Coil, CDI, that match up to the new loom connectors perfectly. But the magneeto wires and control box wires have different connectors to the new chinese loom. It also has some extra wires on it but from trawling the net I think all I can find is that they are generic and meet up to a few different bikes. I have guessed which ones are heading to the magneeto and to the control unit, but I still have to figure out which ones go where. Magneeto has 4 wires (a 3 connector and a single) and control box has 5 wires (2 connectors I think)

Any tips on getting the old girl working properly? Trying to get the lad to the track on Sunday

https://www.facebook.com/CayzerBoat

Old 08-04-2016
dbw Pro Champion

Excellent post MrNoodle... Sorry I can't help you out.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*