dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 11-05-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliiint View Post
Nah, I charged him the same amount as everyone else.
Old 11-05-2016
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnno_Ipswich View Post
had mine out, piece of piss.

I suffered the gall stones for 18 months or more which was really crap.

I asked the surgeon when i would start to feel better? he said, as soon as you wake up.

The only side effect I have is I can't really lay into fatty food, mainly fish and chips.

In moderation it's okay but I LOOOOOVVVE potato scallops, one is okay, 2 and ewwwww.

It's not really bad, I just feel a little bit off for a while, not long and water fixes it.

Codeine is FULLY off the menu now though, in me it replicates the exact pain of gall stones, I have no idea how or why.

Others have told me imodium does the same.

Other than that, you will feel great.

Surgery takes a week or so before you can swing a sledge hammer. Again, nothing major, you'll just be a bit sore.

Yeah they basically said exactly that about the effect of fatty foods afterwards. Not a bad thing i spose!
Old 11-05-2016
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
had mine out, piece of piss.

I suffered the gall stones for 18 months or more which was really crap.

I asked the surgeon when i would start to feel better? he said, as soon as you wake up.

The only side effect I have is I can't really lay into fatty food, mainly fish and chips.

In moderation it's okay but I LOOOOOVVVE potato scallops, one is okay, 2 and ewwwww.

It's not really bad, I just feel a little bit off for a while, not long and water fixes it.

Codeine is FULLY off the menu now though, in me it replicates the exact pain of gall stones, I have no idea how or why.

Others have told me imodium does the same.

Other than that, you will feel great.

Surgery takes a week or so before you can swing a sledge hammer. Again, nothing major, you'll just be a bit sore.

my apprentice had hers out when she was 17. and the above are the precautions she must take also. no fatty foods. no codeine
Old 12-05-2016
DBW Clubman

You can have fatty foods, I can, but in moderation. I try to eat well all the time and have exercised for years so it as no major transition for me.

No one told me about codeine though, I had to find out the hard way. But life is pretty good from the moment you wake up.
No more pain.
Old 14-05-2016
DBW Clubman

had mine.out about 6 months ago.

good as gold. no lifting for the first 2 weeks, max 5kg next two then max 10 after that..

went for ride with Kwakas and a few others four weeks after surgery

bloody near killed me! not from the operation, just so weak and out of Nick.

food and the like, no difference, still eat what I want, just don't.seem to eat as much

lost 7 -8 kg bonus!

cheers

Sent from my LG-D320 using Tapatalk
Old 14-05-2016
dbw Pro Legend

codeine ( which is metabolised to morphine and then works) can cause biliary tract spasm. ie pain in your right upper belly.
ggchris: as you dont have a 'reservoir' for bile, as it it made it enters the small intestine. in some people it cause a number of , er hum, 'symptoms'!
Old 14-05-2016
DBW Clubman

Do you mean flatulence?

I could have farted for Australia but since I had the gall bladder delete mod I really hit another gear.

Some of them sound like a mainsail tearing.

Or at times it'll just be one after another for a good while, even my clothes start to reek.
Old 14-05-2016
dbw Factory Pro

Had mine out last year, along with my spleen. I've got a blood disorder that caused the spleen to filter out healthy blood cells and create excess waste that becomes gallstones.

Keyhole surgery, think about 3 days in hospital. Couple weeks and I was back working in the garage, just lifting light stuff. Think I did the Kowen ride about 5 weeks after the surgery. I left it a couple of months before I got right back into the full heavy lifting.
Old 14-05-2016
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Do you mean flatulence?

I could have farted for Australia but since I had the gall bladder delete mod I really hit another gear.

Some of them sound like a mainsail tearing.

Or at times it'll just be one after another for a good while, even my clothes start to reek.

My missus will be so excited to hear this
Old 14-05-2016
DBW Clubman

Hear, see, smell, touch and taste.