dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 20-05-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Hydration products

I'm new to the whole supplement thing but slowly learning.

Can someone in the know please confirm that these 2 products are in the same basic category ?

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/products/recuper8.html
http://www.endura.com.au/Products/product?groupkey=UEST

Not looking for magic solutions, just something something to prolong hitting the wall and assist recovery. Getting older now with currently a low fitness starting point and recovery each day after training is a real challenge at the moment. 3 hour this weekend is going to wreck me good and proper!

Gatorade is just sugar water now and if that was enough I'd much prefer the flavour of Coke or Beer, or even 2 beers, but sadly that's just not cutting it.
Old 20-05-2016
dbw Pro Legend

No expert here but the Recuper8 contains protein, carbohydrates, BCAA's and Citrulline Malate as well as electrolytes while the endura only contains electrolytes. The Recuper8 seems more tailored towards endurance type activities and recovery while the Endura is simply an electrolyte replacement.

I think you will appreciate the simple carbs (Maltodextrin and Dextrose) towards the end of your 3 hour.

Edit - It actually does say on the endura page that it contains carbs, but I can't see it listed in the ingredients - maybe just don't listen to me at all is a safer bet

Last edited by Medium Rare; 20-05-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 20-05-2016
dbw Pro Legend

I've started using this stuff in the camelback, it's good to but if your after more of a recovery formula I think the Recuper8 will be better because of the added protein and BCAA's.

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/prod...lyte-plus.html
Old 20-05-2016
DBW Clubman

Interesting topic as im in a similar situation. Just grabbed some electrolite but the r8 may be better option, following with interest.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Old 20-05-2016
dbw Pro Hero

DBW's Hopkins (bulknutrients) was the man with all the knowledge on this stuff, don't think he posts anymore.

http://www.facebook.com/bulknutrients
Old 20-05-2016
dbw Pro Legend

I use recuper8 and it's brilliant stuff for a long ride or any endurance activity. It's a massive help with recovery and minimising muscle soreness too.

After about 6 months off the bike (and no real exercising to keep me in shape) I did a day of riding a month ago where I didn't do a lot of k's or engine hours. Then early this week I did a full day ride where we did a little over 300kms and over 5 engine hours, so I loaded up the camelback with recuper8 for the ride and lasted the day no worries and was barely sore the next day when normally my upper back and legs would be sore as hell.

Magic stuff if you ask me and my misses has had the same experience when using it after long runs too.
Old 20-05-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I've started using this stuff in the camelback, it's good to but if your after more of a recovery formula I think the Recuper8 will be better because of the added protein and BCAA's.

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/prod...lyte-plus.html
I think you've nailed what I'm after perfectly, and in your other post you cleared the fog on the differences between the 2 products although they are very similar.

I've used the Endura product before simply for hydration(pre,during,post), its awesome and my body doesn't reject it at all but as you highlighted those simple carbs are an added extra. They will help compensate and assist my improving(code for still crap) diet. Will give the recuper8 a try I think, it is cheap enough to give it a go.

Took a look on facebook, Bropocalypse, WTF is that!
Old 20-05-2016
dbw Factory Pro

Your link was to Endura rehydration energy fuel, I have in front of me a can of Endura rehydration performance fuel.
20g of carbs per serve, 1 serve per hour of exercise.
Max of 4 serves per day, so enough to prehydrate, race, and recover as well.
Works for me!

But I still won't kick your arsk on Sunday
Old 23-05-2016
dbw Pro Legend

What a fecking great day it was LV, today I feel like I've been run over by more than 1 bus tho. 'ing sore but 1/2 as bad as I expected.

Loaded up before during and after on leftover Endura, we shall see how quick the recovery is so that I can get back into to gym asap. 2 hour Sat then a day in the sand Sunday coming will be yet another test.
Old 23-05-2016
dbw Pro Champion

Drink light milk on the way home. Low fat, lots of protein and calcium.