dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 04-01-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Got the forks and shock revalved by my local bloke a couple of months ago. I've done two day rides since and put around 700 kms on it. What a difference, it feels more like the enduro bike now, much happier in rocky, rutted, tree root terrain and I'm now getting air off erosion mounds which I didnt feel confident doing previously - don't get me wrong the suspension is not like an exc and you do notice the shorter travel but it is night and day compared to before. Loving this bike
Old 04-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

I've got the 2016 with a Hard Kits setup and after 500kms of road and fire trails I'm extremely happy.

Dalby Moto are the place to get advice from. This has had pretty much every mod done except the unifilter air filter change done and its brain bendingly fun.

Having purchased one from a shop that rides them and does a bunch of Hard Kits setups I don't think I'd go to a regular KTM Dealer. The tweaks and changes are well beyond the standard Sales Guy and the after sales advice from Dalby Moto and Hard Kits is so good you'd have to try hard to screw it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Very nice bike you've got yourself there . I've looked at the rally raid and dalby moto kits and I think I would definitely install the dalby moto setup if I were to go down that line.
Old 08-01-2017
dbw Pro

Did the APC rally on one, 7500km in 14 days. The only real issue i had is with the sub frame bolts snapping. I had spares as i new it was a common problem and I stripped down the bike before and went over everything.
I added the rally raid tanks and fairings, pannier frames for Andy straps bags.

Great bike all round.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2824.jpg (87.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2825.jpg (136.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg KTM Dash.jpg (49.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2822.jpg (69.2 KB, 68 views)
Old 08-01-2017
dbw Pro Hero

Looks like you have all the bases covered on your dash there fatbloke.
Old 08-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

It looked like this once
Old 08-01-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
Did the APC rally on one, 7500km in 14 days. The only real issue i had is with the sub frame bolts snapping. I had spares as i new it was a common problem and I stripped down the bike before and went over everything.
I added the rally raid tanks and fairings, pannier frames for Andy straps bags.

Great bike all round.
Now, that is the best looking 690 I've ever seen.

R.I.P Ronnie Neill 2/12/62 - 31/1/09

"Lifes short, ride lots"
Current Bikes
2013 KTM 300 EXC, 2007 DRZ400, 2012 Sherco 250 Trials, 2003 Postie, 1980 PE 250 T
Past Bikes
KTM 950 ADV, DR650, XR600, XR500 X 2, WR250F, Suzi RM125S, Suzi RM400, 77 RM250B, Yam TY250, Honda TL250, Honda TL125, Beta 250
Yam RT1 360 about 3, Yam DT125A, Jawa 500 Speedway, Yam IT175, Honda QA50
Honda 400 4 (roadie), Plus a few I've forgotten, or would rather forget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyam View Post
In fact I think if it wasn't for the guys that were faster than us we would have won.
Old 08-01-2017
dbw Pro

Yep, had all bases covered..

5w uhf with push to talk headset. Could Bluetooth to your phone to listen to music, send/receive uhf and make/receive calls. Garmin gps for route, hardwired phone case for phone with motionX app for backup GPS route and calls etc. Also had a spot tracker for emergencies.
It used to look like RedK's picture before i got it off him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
Yep, had all bases covered..

5w uhf with push to talk headset. Could Bluetooth to your phone to listen to music, send/receive uhf and make/receive calls. Garmin gps for route, hardwired phone case for phone with motionX app for backup GPS route and calls etc. Also had a spot tracker for emergencies.
It used to look like RedK's picture before i got it off him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What brand was the uhf setup? I've got a pair of 5w GME handhelds (the latest waterproof jobbies) and have always wanted to setup a PTT earpiece and mic for when we do bigger rides or exploring new tracks. I don't have an adventure bike but thought it would come in handy sometimes.

I've looked but as far as I know GME don't make any sort of headset for this. I was thinking of gutting the handheld mic they came with and trying to rig something up myself.
Old 09-01-2017
dbw Pro

I had a Uniden UH-076 5W UHF radio. The bluetooth system wasn't cheap but it was well worth it, to communicate with other rides km's in front or behind.

When we were on road sections of the rally it was good to call the truckies in the road train and let them know you were coming around them. The noise canceling is so good these days on the bluetooth taking a call doing 100kph through long fire trail sections the caller couldn't even tell i was on a bike.

I think there might be cheaper options these days, as this was in 2014 that I did the rally. Might also be able to pick up something cheaper off ebay. Just research what works best, there's plenty of thread to read on this subject.

The bluetooth PTT with NO cord was great. Bluetooth from PTT button to helmet, UHF was connected to the control module that the PTT button connects too, if that makes sense)

Speak to Dale Mclean Motorcycle electronics (still had his magnet on the fridge)
He'll point you in the right direction if you tell him that you're looking for.
www.dmme.com.au
Ph 02 49715239
M 0410 461 250