dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Stolen Bikes List

Stolen Bikes List List your stolen bike details here...and stop the pr$%ks.

Old 10-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Funny 'cause its true.
No argument
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - free accident replacement motorcycles for non-fault riders. Current rental fleet includes CBR300R, CB500F, CB500X, UK110s...
Old 10-01-2017
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post

Sharia Law doesn't look so bad now huh?...
There's good and bad in everything Nutster.
Old 10-01-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac450 View Post
The issue is not at the Police level, it's the courts and our idiotic PC, weak as piss, lefty legal system.

A real deterrent is to actually punish the criminals and make them pay it all back.

The Police continually arrest the same shitbags, only to see them out doing it all again the next day.

If you saw the crap we have to deal with on a regular basis your head would spin.
This x100.
Old 11-01-2017
DBW Clubman

Quote:

A real deterrent is to actually punish the criminals and make them pay it all back.
Except that the criminals don't have the money. If they did they wouldn't be stealing in the first place.

And if convicted of the crime then they are in a position to be sued anyway.

But it doesn't happen. Because blood from a stone.

The other option is 'community service'. Though if every petty criminal convicted was sentenced to community service, every council worker in Australia would be out of a job.
Old 11-01-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvorak View Post
Except that the criminals don't have the money. If they did they wouldn't be stealing in the first place.

And if convicted of the crime then they are in a position to be sued anyway.

But it doesn't happen. Because blood from a stone.

The other option is 'community service'. Though if every petty criminal convicted was sentenced to community service, every council worker in Australia would be out of a job.
Not true at all and in no way a reason just to shrug it off.

Just like an Insurance company would recover costs from an at fault driver $10 a week for the rest of their lives if they have to, the Govt could do the same.

Garnish the thief's earnings a set percentage, not escapable with bankruptcy. Doesn't matter if it's from Centerlink or an employer, a percentage should be taken.

Then there'd be a certain number of thieves that could pay it back, or the ones that still have some or all of the proceeds from their crime, or the ones that have property that could be recovered.

Right now they don't even try to recover that.

We had a staff member take a substantial amount of cash from us, yet no attempt at all was made to recover any of it. She just got a pissy community service slap on the wrist and hasn't complied with part of her court order. To address her non-compliance, we have to take her to court again!

Here's a convicted thief, already been handed down a (weak) punishment, cost me my house and very nearly sent me bankrupt, and our legal system is too pathetic to even enforce their own ruling

Or how about the shop lifter I had to go to court for as a witness, who had been in and out of gaol for years, who was very well known to Police and associated with some very prominent crime gangs, who was in court on 9 separate charges of shoplifting, assault with a deadly weapon (tried to run someone over with a car), possessing ice making paraphernalia, possessing ice, selling ice and more.

Suspended sentence and a small fine

The thieves know this. The house is stacked in their favour and they play the odds every day of the week. Why wouldn't they? It's easier than working, there's no tax, life is good.

What could be recovered would certainly take a big dent out of our insurance premiums and become a stone around the thief's neck for a long time to come.

The real and mostly avoidable cost thieves have on honest people and society in general is astronomical and it's about time we all stopped funding their low life ways.

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again. Odds are, one or more of you reading this is a thief. Your day will come, you utter piece of bile.
Like Us On Facebook

Last edited by tmac450; 11-01-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Doesn't make sense.

You have a bunch of people who choose a lifestyle that they can't legally pay for, so they nick stuff. Current deterrents don't work to that satisfaction of most people.

People want recompense for getting robbed, and expect that from some who cannot legally support their lifestyle anyway. Take 100% of their salary/dole if it makes you happy - you will ensure they have option but to return to theft. Congrats.

Put them in prison, but hey thats pricey too - and all the prisons are just hotels eh? 3 square and a bed, sex life and uni degree thrown in? Out of my taxes?

Community service? Have you seen the compliance rates? No one turns up, and its no different from the naughty corner.. here, meet some more local criminals.

People choose to commit offences. They weigh the consequences in a casual manner cause they're convinced they won't be caught, or they feel they have no better alternative, they're desperate or they're plain dumb. It's short term gain over unlikely long term pain.

So I'll go back to my other statement. Get police on streets to stop the problem before it starts - preventative action. If there was a copper walking around Albion Park the night Carr bros got done over I'd be surprised. If he had been walking around for the last six months I reckon the stats on break and entry would drop.

Staff nicking stuff - chance you take I'm afraid. People climbing through your window - different deal. Remove the short term gain. No chance to sell the gear, just straight to the cop shop. No bag of gear, no big night out. Caught breaking in, caught walking out. Not caught 2 weeks later.

My kids see cop cars. Not coppers. They don't see the law like I did when I was small. And trust me when I say I was clueless on punishments when I formed my opinion of the police. I assumed there would be a cop round the corner if I did anything wrong and I'd be nicked immediately. By and large that was right, but not here and now. These days the cops are scared to get out of their cars and look around.

They can't even run an RBT in the rain because of OH&S rules ffs.
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250

Owner of BikeAssist Australia - free accident replacement motorcycles for non-fault riders. Current rental fleet includes CBR300R, CB500F, CB500X, UK110s...
Old 11-01-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggchris View Post
Doesn't make sense.

You have a bunch of people who choose a lifestyle that they can't legally pay for, so they nick stuff. Current deterrents don't work to that satisfaction of most people.

People want recompense for getting robbed, and expect that from some who cannot legally support their lifestyle anyway. Take 100% of their salary/dole if it makes you happy - you will ensure they have option but to return to theft. Congrats.

Put them in prison, but hey thats pricey too - and all the prisons are just hotels eh? 3 square and a bed, sex life and uni degree thrown in? Out of my taxes?

Community service? Have you seen the compliance rates? No one turns up, and its no different from the naughty corner.. here, meet some more local criminals.

People choose to commit offences. They weigh the consequences in a casual manner cause they're convinced they won't be caught, or they feel they have no better alternative, they're desperate or they're plain dumb. It's short term gain over unlikely long term pain.

So I'll go back to my other statement. Get police on streets to stop the problem before it starts - preventative action. If there was a copper walking around Albion Park the night Carr bros got done over I'd be surprised. If he had been walking around for the last six months I reckon the stats on break and entry would drop.

Staff nicking stuff - chance you take I'm afraid. People climbing through your window - different deal. Remove the short term gain. No chance to sell the gear, just straight to the cop shop. No bag of gear, no big night out. Caught breaking in, caught walking out. Not caught 2 weeks later.

My kids see cop cars. Not coppers. They don't see the law like I did when I was small. And trust me when I say I was clueless on punishments when I formed my opinion of the police. I assumed there would be a cop round the corner if I did anything wrong and I'd be nicked immediately. By and large that was right, but not here and now. These days the cops are scared to get out of their cars and look around.

They can't even run an RBT in the rain because of OH&S rules ffs.
And that attitude is why we have the problems we have now.

Everything black and white, everything at the feet of the police

Sure, more Police presence would be a deterrent, but where do they come from? They can't be everywhere and thieves know it. It doesn't matter if they are because thanks to the hand wringers and excuse makers they're powerless to do anything about it.

A friends business had a break in last year, the thieves came in the back door while the Police were out the front. Camera footage shows the thief sitting still having a ciggie whenever the Police took a look in after the alarm call.' They just waited for the Police to go and kept going.

Theft is theft and not every thief is poor with a down trodden sob story who can't get money elsewhere. A lot of them are just utter scum bags who just want to take what they don't have.

The reason why Police aren't as effective now is because the crooks just aren't scared of them like they used to be. Maybe if there was a copper walking around Albion Park that night we may have a copper with a concussion, or a copper facing charges because he hurt one of the scum bag's feelings.

Having the thief pay something back is only a part of the punishment. And it shouldn't be limited to theft with damage or out of pocket cost to victims on the table as well.

Are you seriously saying that we shouldn't do anything to recover those costs, regardless of the situation?

We won't get much back in quite a few cases, but you can sure as hell bet that there'd be a fair whack to get back as well. Certainly more than we do now.

Like a worker who, while on a decent wage, steals a substantial amount of cash (more than most people earn in two years), uses it to pay off the family home and buy luxury items, while at the same time conning a free car from someone, the use of another paid for car for two years from someone else and various amounts of cash from other sources?

So we just wag a finger at them, say don't do it again and let them keep what they stole? Make no attempt to even try to trace where the money went.

Nice one, because that's what's happening

Does that deter them, or encourage them?

What about as part of the cost recovery process the thief's liability is reduced by the amount they help the Police track down and recover?

It's a much bigger issue than many would like to admit and not as simple as a bigger presence of an under supported Police force.

The first step is to stop sobbing over the possibility of a thief being poor and start accepting that the thief is a parasite.
Like Us On Facebook
Old 11-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
And that attitude is why we have the problems we have now.

Everything black and white, everything at the feet of the police

Sure, more Police presence would be a deterrent, but where do they come from? They can't be everywhere and thieves know it. It doesn't matter if they are because thanks to the hand wringers and excuse makers they're powerless to do anything about it.

A friends business had a break in last year, the thieves came in the back door while the Police were out the front. Camera footage shows the thief sitting still having a ciggie whenever the Police took a look in after the alarm call.' They just waited for the Police to go and kept going.

Theft is theft and not every thief is poor with a down trodden sob story who can't get money elsewhere. A lot of them are just utter scum bags who just want to take what they don't have.

The reason why Police aren't as effective now is because the crooks just aren't scared of them like they used to be. Maybe if there was a copper walking around Albion Park that night we may have a copper with a concussion, or a copper facing charges because he hurt one of the scum bag's feelings.

Having the thief pay something back is only a part of the punishment. And it shouldn't be limited to theft with damage or out of pocket cost to victims on the table as well.

Are you seriously saying that we shouldn't do anything to recover those costs, regardless of the situation?

We won't get much back in quite a few cases, but you can sure as hell bet that there'd be a fair whack to get back as well. Certainly more than we do now.

Like a worker who, while on a decent wage, steals a substantial amount of cash (more than most people earn in two years), uses it to pay off the family home and buy luxury items, while at the same time conning a free car from someone, the use of another paid for car for two years from someone else and various amounts of cash from other sources?

So we just wag a finger at them, say don't do it again and let them keep what they stole? Make no attempt to even try to trace where the money went.

Nice one, because that's what's happening

Does that deter them, or encourage them?

What about as part of the cost recovery process the thief's liability is reduced by the amount they help the Police track down and recover?

It's a much bigger issue than many would like to admit and not as simple as a bigger presence of an under supported Police force.

The first step is to stop sobbing over the possibility of a thief being poor and start accepting that the thief is a parasite.
Offer a solution then.

Financial penalty doesn't work now, but you think it'll work if you make he fines bigger? Or chase payment harder? Or put secondary injuctions on?

And thats a deterrent? I don't think it is. I think it'll be just as counter productive and ineffective as the current systems, just slightly more so.

My post wasn't intended to criticise police, just the change in tactics that put them in cars revenue raising, and took them off the street where they can make a preventative difference.

But hey - read what you want.
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250

Old 11-01-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggchris View Post
But hey - read what you want.

Maybe you need to take your own advice on that one
Like Us On Facebook
Old 11-01-2017
The "One" and only

Execute them. All assets go to the victim. No recurrent costs. The honesty level of the general population rises every time one of the worthless grubs swing.

Murris had the idea, victim gets to spear the bastard.