dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 03-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jT1 View Post
Colorado is fantastic, particularly the rocky mountains. Its a challenge to cover more than 160km of trails in one day, I was wrecked after 4 days camping and riding. I have friends there who loaned me a spare bike. My advice would be to get connected over there if possible and scour craigslist for a well maintained bargain. you only need to ride for 4 days on a $3000 bike before you're breaking even with $700 a day rental
Thanks JT, just to be clear the $700 a day was based on a fully catered trip providing gear, accomodation, fuel, support etc etc.

I have seen some bike hire companies which charge around $250 - $300 a day for new KTM's, but for the price I've found some others (see above), I'd be happy with the cheaper options available.

www.bioflexnutrition.com.au - Australia's purest supplements with dirt bike specific endurance products being developed.
Old 03-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

When I lived in LA, I did a day tour out of Wrightwood from a mob called AdMo Tours. It was a fun day that covered a bit of everything (single track, fire roads, sand dunes, and started to head into the desert). They had Husky's at the time but I think they now have KTM's.

I also did a day tour in Spain from a mob called Dust Devils. That was also good fun as it was rocky, hot, and had more technical trails. I had a KTM on that trip.

Plenty of options out there but I had a couple of good experiences with these guys.
Old 08-01-2017
DBW Clubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
if you did hit canada, i reckon being based somewhere in or near vancouver would be cool. some amazing riding in those areas and they reckon it's good most of the year but the middle of winter tends to be just a constant drizzle for two months.

i didn't get to explore it last year, but apparently lots of great riding just over the border in washington state.

their public health system will cover you up to 250cc, after that you need travel insurance to be covered.

most of the footage in this vid was 40 to 90 mins away from vancouver.

FWIW just got back from Canada and the States (non bike related)

Vancouver through t to Banff has fantastic dirt riding options. A few clubs around but not sure of organised tours etc.

Also spent some time in and around Vegas. On a few drives into the country (read Mojave desert) we come across a groups of dirt bikes and Adv bikes a number of time s who raved about the quality and quantity of riding available.

Going back to Vancouver and Banff one day just to go riding!!

Cheers

RustyAs

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk