dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 06-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Rear brake Master cylinder seal diagnosis

Think mine is rooted. Can't build pressure at all after normal bleeding, reverse bleeding n takin MC cylinder off n holding at highest point. Get clear fresh fluid cumin thru with no bubbles wen nipple cracked n MC level drops as per routine bleed.

Don't know wat I'm looking at with brakes but guessing MC seal has gone? Nothin at pedal. Pads, pins n slider pins all good/free. 2013 husky wr125 brembo(same brake as ktm). Bike unused for 5 months
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Hello is this thing on?!

Anyone tell me if this is likely a MC seal or possibly sumthn in calliper before I start tearin shite apart to look? How do they cum apart? Think I can see a circlip in ther but hard to tell
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Dunno bout the Husky, but KTM use 2 styles of M/cyl.......the pre 13's use a circlip to retain the piston, the 13s on use an allen head bolt through the side.

I had one fail early on in my 2013's life (80 hrs), rebuilt it with a $25 Ebay All Balls kit as KTM would not sell a rebuild kit, only a complete cylinder. All Balls kit has so far lasted 3 times longer than the OEM Brembo seals did....

Heaps of riding +
to Finke & back 2013....
to Finke & back 2014
should I change the piston @ 140 hrs prior
to Finke & back 2015 ??
04 300 EXC- 38,100 kms/812 hours of mallee single track fun.Bargain-
"just like Grandpa's axe..."

No fuel pump.No fuel filter. No injector. No fuel mapping.No oil filter.No shims or adjuster screws. Just ride it
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
are you able to take plunger out of the mc? and take a picture of it?
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro

I had the same issue once and nothing worked until I vacuum bled it. There must have been air bubbles hiding somewhere.
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas'e View Post
Dunno bout the Husky, but KTM use 2 styles of M/cyl.......the pre 13's use a circlip to retain the piston, the 13s on use an allen head bolt through the side.

I had one fail early on in my 2013's life (80 hrs), rebuilt it with a $25 Ebay All Balls kit as KTM would not sell a rebuild kit, only a complete cylinder. All Balls kit has so far lasted 3 times longer than the OEM Brembo seals did....
Ahh rito well it would be the pre 13 one as was used from 09-14 on the huskys. Explains the circlip I thought I could see thru the bottom
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by poper View Post
are you able to take plunger out of the mc? and take a picture of it?
Yeh but dunno how to post pics on here. Plunger is a long tapered, pointed type
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by philm View Post
I had the same issue once and nothing worked until I vacuum bled it. There must have been air bubbles hiding somewhere.
I took MC off n held up high to try eliminate any air wen reverse bleeding then reassembled n bled normally to make sure. Clear fluid cumin out. Tapped line in several spots n flicked lever to encourage any air to cum out. Was thinkin of goin to supershite auto to grab a one way bleeder as syringe is hard to push fluid thru!
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro

I tried everything and couldn't get mine working so then I used a syringe to create a vacuum to suck the fluid through the system. Some large bubbles came out and I instantly had pressure in the system.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by philm View Post
I tried everything and couldn't get mine working so then I used a syringe to create a vacuum to suck the fluid through the system. Some large bubbles came out and I instantly had pressure in the system.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Yeh tried that too philm! Need a third hand to do it really. Jus to b clear u had pedal depressed, cracked nipple(with hose n syringe attached pullin plunger back to create vacuum) then tightened nipple n released pedal?