dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro

With the nipple closed I pulled the plunger out a bit and created a vacuum, then I depressed the pedal and and then cracked open the nipple for a short time. It took a few goes to get the bubbles out. I was using one of those syringes from supercheap with the ring on it which makes it a bit easier.
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

I'll giv it another go then. Fingers crossed
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Get the oneway bleeder from supercrap, still immerse the valve before pumping the lever, just cant go wrong, iv had one for 20 years and still using the same one and never had a fail. also could have a damaged plunger /piston rubber.
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

No go. Tried vacuumin out with syringe as suggested. Tie wired both ends of hose. Bit of fluid came out but seemed to be jus suckin air sum how-like 3 60ml syringes full. Oil sample syringes I borrowed from work so decent. Maybe air bypassing sumwhere in caliper(piston seal?) or thru bleed nipple? I pushed piston back so it's not seized. It wouldn't be master cylinder then would it? I tried normal bleedin again after n clean air free fluid cum out!
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

You have to bleed caliper....

To bleed caliper you have to hold lever down after you have cracked bleeder open and lever has bottomed out (I hang a dumbell weight off of it) so fluid port back into m/cyl is blocked off, then press piston back into caliper as you crack bleeder open.

It takes a lot of alternating between bleeding m/cyl (at the caliper end bleed screw), then bleeding caliper in turns to get all the air out of caliper..

Heaps of riding +
to Finke & back 2013....
to Finke & back 2014
should I change the piston @ 140 hrs prior
to Finke & back 2015 ??
04 300 EXC- 38,100 kms/812 hours of mallee single track fun.Bargain-
"just like Grandpa's axe..."

No fuel pump.No fuel filter. No injector. No fuel mapping.No oil filter.No shims or adjuster screws. Just ride it
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Ahh ok shall try that.

Main thing is it jus fired up after puttin new piston in!
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Faaaarrrrk! Rito went n got sum brake fluid did wat ya said blasť but stil no dice. Piston won't pop out at all n normal bleedin or vacuum bleedin is jus pushin new fluid thru. Is it worth sprayin a bit of crc around piston seal?
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Faaaarrrrk! Rito went n got sum brake fluid did wat ya said blasť but stil no dice. Piston won't pop out at all n normal bleedin or vacuum bleedin is jus pushin new fluid thru. Is it worth sprayin a bit of crc around piston seal?
I think you need a rebuild kit if you cant get it build pressure/bleed properly with all the methods you have tried. They ARE a bugger to bleed properly, but once you get your head around how to push the air out of the caliper its easy as.

Heaps of riding +
to Finke & back 2013....
to Finke & back 2014
should I change the piston @ 140 hrs prior
to Finke & back 2015 ??
04 300 EXC- 38,100 kms/812 hours of mallee single track fun.Bargain-
"just like Grandpa's axe..."

No fuel pump.No fuel filter. No injector. No fuel mapping.No oil filter.No shims or adjuster screws. Just ride it
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Champion

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
no , it will most likely lock it solid
Old 07-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

I gave up n drank beer instead. Got piston to move out once but wasn't travelling how it should then bak to square one no movement. I'm guessing piston seal is gone. Mite order a MC n caliper rebuild kit jus to hŗv parts on hand. Not that exy. Cheers for help fellas