dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 09-01-2017
DBW Expert

Leatt 5.5 HD pro armour shoulder cup straps

Anyone else having issues with the ridiculous plastic snap on clips for the shoulder cups on this armour. Cannot fault the comfort and added rib protection of the 5.5 Hd pro but the Leatt design team failed badly in the way the shoulder cups attach to the armour. Why make it removable in the first place. Was just putting the armour on the last ride and it became unattached. Out of warranty period so not impressed.
Old 09-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Leatt = garbage
Old 11-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Yeah that setup is rubbish, mine are cabletied. Shouldn't need to do this with the price thay ask.
The armour does have good coverage and works ok when this is done.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2017
DBW Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelf View Post
Yeah that setup is rubbish, mine are cabletied. Shouldn't need to do this with the price thay ask.
The armour does have good coverage and works ok when this is done.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
Agreed, they are overly expensive for what you get. Overall protection particularly in the rib area is good. Shoulders, woeful. The least Leatt could do is supply cable ties with the armour!!!!. Will look at other brands when this one falls apart.
Old 11-01-2017
dbw Pro

Same here, I have had to take my 5.5 back to the shop 3 times between stitching failing, things falling off and finally the zippers going. All within 2 months of owning. Touch wood seems to be half ok now but I will definitely be looking elsewhere for the next one. Very dissapointing considering the price.
Old 11-01-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Mine are held together with cable ties as well. Bloody frustrating really. I just tell myself "There is nothing else on the market as good"....and put up with it. I tried on heaps of brands and for the coverage what else covers as well that gives this level of comfort? Still very frustrating...
Old 13-01-2017
dbw Pro

Yeah my left elbow pad stitching is nearly gone after one small stack. The zippers are junk!
I can't see it lasting 6 years like my 661 on has! Only reason I got it is the neck brace attachment

KSRC