dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 11-01-2017
dbw Pro

KTM 200exc Clutch Cover

Hi All,

I have noticed with the 200exc, my enduro-engineering bashplate doesnt do the greatest job of protecting the underside of the clutch case. I am looking to get a good quality clutch cover to avoid the possibility of any further damages. I can find the force one online, but I was hoping to hear from people that may have looked for similar and if they had found anything better?

I do remember Chris Birch advertising for I believe XRC? Any recommendations welcome!

Cheers
Scott
Old 11-01-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Not sure if it's what your after but on my old bike I had a carbon fiber clutch cover protector from p3 composites and it did a great job.

http://p3carbon.com/product-category...er-protectors/

Recently ordered another one to put on the new bike when it turns up next week
Old 12-01-2017
dbw Pro

Cheers Medium. Exactly the type of thing I was looking for. You sound quite pleased with the carbon fibre. I saw the force one but am half thinking having a carbon fibre or plastic guard would be better at absorbing any knocks.

Unfortunately doesn't show one for the 200 exc but I'll keep looking and maybe send an email! Cheers
Old 12-01-2017
dbw Pro Legend

RHK have started selling plastic clutch guards,might be worth checking out as the cheaper option at around $30 although it may hamper brake pedal clearance being an add on rather than replacement otherwise I have been more than happy with my hinson billet clutch cover,has taken some nasty knocks and no damage,the amount of times I have dropped the bike on to the rocks on failed hillclimbs on my hill climb days is proof of how tough they are
Old 12-01-2017
dbw Pro

reco you search up 'ktm rear brake pedal mod'
basics are you grind each ( fore and aft) of the most inner pedal serations away.
these two are the ones that do all the damage when you crash and force the pedal into & smash the clutch cover.
Still go with a cover over as extra insurance & Bling!
Old 12-01-2017
dbw Pro

Thanks Glenn and motoxfox,

I'll check out those guards and see what they offer for the 200's. I think I should have enough clearance as the 200 seems to have quite a air gap between them.

I didn't think about it that way motoxfox, good point about the lever doing the damage. I'll check that out as well, and like you say I can always run a guard as well to ensure it is protected. It is just that the case is already getting a few dints on it and I don't want to have issues out on the tracks with it!

Thanks again! Any excuse for bling