dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > Victoria Ride Reports & Local Issues

Old 20-06-2010
dbw Pro

WOW 2.0 too good for words

Hi everyone, Wobzie here. Just a quick post to get things moving. I had fun on the weekend meeting most of you at the camp site, just wish i had my bike there to join in the fun. Jack will be off the air for a little while (he has some health issues to deal with) but has asked for everyone to keep on rocking! On his behalf i would like to thank Mainjet, AMX, TBAM, DBW, Master Cut Food Industries and Kyneton Hire for their prizes, contributions and support. To Jeff and Sandro for keeping the campsite safe while the other campers were riding a big thanks to you fellas. A huge get well soon to Boof who couldn't ride this weekend but came to hang out with us for a day, and to everyone who came to share the weekend, a massive thankyou. A big thumbs up to TonyH for giving us the tunes to rock the night away, to 650mad(Sewelly) for his beautiful poetry, to Sheeny, MatR and Grey for their sweeping and a huge, huge thanks to Dave for leading over the weekend. There were many more individual thanks, but no doubt they will come out in the stories that follow. There will be photos and videos and possibly a ride report to come from the HammerJack stable in the next few days or so.

Take care all

Wobzie Wooooooooolz!

derka! derka!
Old 20-06-2010
dbw Pro Champion

Boof and Keg

Tony and I arrived about lunchtime on Saturday. In time for the arvo ride

Some of the crew hanging about the campsite warming up before the arvo ride whilst Jackhammer and Co. cooked everyone a lovely lunch.

Thanks for the invite Jack. You put on a brilliant weekend's riding and camping.

Seaworld - still enslaving wild orcas and dolphins for human entertainment. Please boycott Seaworld - it's having an effect.
Old 21-06-2010
Foot long Sav

Really looking forward to seeing this report develop, should be good.

Get well soon Jack.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.

The opposite of success isn't failure, it's 'giving up'.
Old 21-06-2010
Prime Monostar.

thanks Jackhammer, i had a great weekend... till mikey killed my bike LoL

heaps of vids to come
Old 21-06-2010
Prime Monostar.

Anthony @wombat forest WOW2.0 ride Husqvarna 250- Crash at the start LoL- Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrWAv9jkwNA
Old 21-06-2010
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member

I was the fastest, and did the best mono's

Kiddin. Top job Captain Jack!!!! Your effort made sure we all had a great stress free weekend filled with good riding, good people, and bad music. Giddy Up!

The in between is mine"

~Eddie Vedder
Old 21-06-2010
dbw Pro Legend

Arrived Friday afternoon. Everyone was geared up and ready to ride. I opted to stay back and set up my camp.

Wasn't long before Scotty came rolling back with his back to sore to ride. Get well soon Bloke. His riding was over for the weekend.
Howard brought up a couch. If you sat in it. You didn't want to get out.

The food was great with a Friday night curry going down a treat.

Everyone in good spirits. Around the fire with a bit of rain was great. Slept really well out in the bush. People bringing all sorts of ways to make themselves comfortable. Swags, Tents caravans, cars and vans. The camp site was a tad muddy by the end of the weekend with some cars using all their means to get themselves out.

The trails in that area of Wombat were second to none. Slippery as they come. With plenty to challenge any rider.

With a Friday night ride. A Saturday morning and Afternon ride. We were happy to hang around the fire on Saturday night. Tony and Sandras sang us some great tunes. And the with the rain holding off. Made for a great night.

Sunday morning we all took off again for a couple of hours. Did some great hill climbs that tested a few.
Got back for lunch. Grey and myself not having had enough. Went out and did it all again in the afternoon. Got back to camp at around 3:00pm. Most of the campers had left.
Jack doing the finishing touches to pack up. Me, I still had to pack up everything I had set up.
Jack was done and on his way. I finished up and made a coffee. The camp site looked very different when I was the only one still there.
Just as I left the heavens opened up and drowned the place. It was good to be moving on.
Called into BP on the way back for a coffee and a pie. Wasn't till I got home and looked in the mirror I realized I looked like I had been mud wrestling. Must have been a sight at the servo.

This would have to be the best Wow camp out yet. Thanks for making it so much fun everyone.
Thanks to Kiera for a blap on the WR. Loved the way it jumped logs. Great to meet you. See you on another ride someday.

Kiera riding the Husky

Till we ride again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WOW June 2010 015 (Medium).jpg (103.7 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg WOW June 2010 009 (Medium).jpg (68.6 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpg WOW June 2010 013 (Medium).jpg (90.7 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg WOW June 2010 007 (Medium).jpg (88.0 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg WOW June 2010 019 (Medium).jpg (89.8 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg WOW June 2010 061 (Medium).jpg (64.9 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg WOW June 2010 074 (Medium).jpg (119.5 KB, 337 views)
Club Mud Member #714
WR250 Husqvarna 2008

Previous Rides
RMX250, RM 500s '83, '84. GPX 250. Chopper CB900."The Pig".
"Rather be an old fart, than a young dick head."
Why would i want to check a voicemail on my cell phone? People want to talk to me, call again. If i want to talk to you, I'll answer.
Old 21-06-2010
Chief Goose / Wasp bait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
I was the fastest, and did the best mono's

Kiddin. Top job Captain Jack!!!! Your effort made sure we all had a great stress free weekend filled with good riding, good people, and bad music. Giddy Up!
Hey Tony, you're right about Jack's efforts, a great effort and made it all easy. Just turn up and ride. Thanks heaps Jack.

You're wrong about the music, it was great, even with 4 strings. It was only the singing that was crap, after we started to join in.

Thanks again to Jack, Boof, Howard and Dave for all the effort up to and throughout the weekend.

Thanks heaps Dave for leading us around in your backyard. Those hills yesterday were, dare I say it, awesome. All of the tracks for the weekend were great.

Make sure you keep that couch safe for next time Howard.
Old 21-06-2010
Prime Monostar.

video removed as requested
Old 21-06-2010
dbw Pro Legend

A few pics
Club Mud Member #714
WR250 Husqvarna 2008

Previous Rides
RMX250, RM 500s '83, '84. GPX 250. Chopper CB900."The Pig".
"Rather be an old fart, than a young dick head."
Why would i want to check a voicemail on my cell phone? People want to talk to me, call again. If i want to talk to you, I'll answer.