dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 17-09-2016
Johnno_Ipswich Johnno_Ipswich is offline
DBW Clubman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 544
Did I mention I was the highest bidder on a Model C Concept 2 until the last minute when some son of a whore bidded through the ceiling for it?

There was a gnashing of teeth I can tell you.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 17-09-2016
Pete40's Avatar
Pete40 Pete40 is online now
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boggo Rd. Jail
Posts: 11,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnno_Ipswich View Post
Did I mention I was the highest bidder on a Model C Concept 2 until the last minute when some son of a whore bidded through the ceiling for it?

There was a gnashing of teeth I can tell you.
A model C is an oldie but a goodie - how much did it go for? I just gave my Dad my old one - he's 84 yrs old and can row pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 17-09-2016
Johnno_Ipswich Johnno_Ipswich is offline
DBW Clubman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 544
Pete they're still a good machine but if it was the last one that left the factory its 13 years old.

I was prepared to pay 550 tops, it sold for 670..

It seemed a good unit but was very scratched, probably from being in the glide path of a storage area but who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 17-09-2016
Geeno's Avatar
Geeno Geeno is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nowra
Posts: 786
Yeah second hand prices are nearly as bad as ktms. People want the same or more for a 2 year old one as what you can get brand new.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Dirt Bike World mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 17-09-2016
DYKWIA DYKWIA is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
A model C is an oldie but a goodie - how much did it go for? I just gave my Dad my old one - he's 84 yrs old and can row pretty good.
Probably knows not to use his legs, a smart rower
__________________
Cheers
DYKWIA
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 17-09-2016
pecker's Avatar
pecker pecker is online now
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeno View Post
Yeah second hand prices are nearly as bad as ktms. People want the same or more for a 2 year old one as what you can get brand new.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Dirt Bike World mobile app


But they get it too.

I sold mine for pretty good cash, had people bidding on it flat out. A hot as milf picked it up too so that was a bonus.
__________________
2014 450EXC
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 17-09-2016
Geeno's Avatar
Geeno Geeno is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nowra
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker View Post
But they get it too.

I sold mine for pretty good cash, had people bidding on it flat out. A hot as milf picked it up too so that was a bonus.
I hope you gave some lessons.
I ended up buying new.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Dirt Bike World mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 17-09-2016
pecker's Avatar
pecker pecker is online now
dbw Pro Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeno View Post
I hope you gave some lessons.
I ended up buying new.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Dirt Bike World mobile app


Didnt need to. I was happy to watch while she tested it out in her compression gear on the front porch of my house.
__________________
2014 450EXC
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KTM Future Concept Vehicle Dangles 450 KTM Forum 12 18-10-2010 08:01 PM
Concept 2 Rower? beer Off Track Talk 7 25-07-2009 12:09 AM
Interesting concept WikdBeemer General Bike Related Discussion 3 07-05-2008 04:22 PM
Trail Bike Visitor Area Concept Designs Ready: Your Comments Please EnviroRider Victoria Ride Reports & Local Issues 27 09-07-2007 08:11 PM



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.