dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > Queensland Ride Reports & Local Issues

Old 01-08-2017
dbw Factory Pro

RTCB Beaudesert

I took the middle son out for a fang, he rode my KLX 450 and I rode my youngest son's WR200 and bought the eldest's DR350 out for a blast. We did 4 short loops and 1 big loop, 1 of the short loops was interrupted by the DR having fueling problems so that was its only lap. I did a quick carbie bowl empty and away she went. The next short loop which was supposed to be our 1st big loop was to pick up my glasses that I had left on the scene. The short loop was fun and not at all hard work The long loop was more difficult and where they hid all the hills but there was nothing that made me want to curl up in a ball and weep, I haven't been for a decent ride since January and man I felt that on the last loop. I would have liked to do another big loop but I was buggered. There was dust but we do ride in SEQ. There was very little traffic and other riders either moved over for me or more often gave me a wave or a nod as I moved over for them. All in all a great track with great company.
The revelation for me was Toby's WR, Usually I ride the KLX and take the WR for short blats which is when I usually spear off into the bush because I am so reliant on the KLX engine braking. But having not ridden for so long I got used to the WR really quick and the penny dropped. Its a torquey little 2 stroke with no overrev when you back off so change of direction is easier and it loves to pull up a hill. I love the pull through a brick wall power of the KLX which gets me places my level of skill should not but I found more finese on the WR, I may have to get our spares bike up and running.
Old 01-08-2017
dbw Pro