dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > KTM Forum

KTM Forum If it's Orange it's in here. Proudly sponsored by www.mainjet.com.au

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #431  
Old 12-09-2017
Craigy's Avatar
Craigy Craigy is online now
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,330
I sold it before I installed the black rim.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
CRF 100F 2004
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 12-09-2017
Keenaz's Avatar
Keenaz Keenaz is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Brisbane QLD
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
I sold it before I installed the black rim.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you replace it with?
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 13-09-2017
Craigy's Avatar
Craigy Craigy is online now
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenaz View Post
What did you replace it with?
2017 Husky 300, I never gelled with the 200. I thought it would be like my 125 just bigger, but it was too snappy off the bottom and had nothing up top, plus no electric start on the 12 meant my leg was getting sore (my right leg has been broken a number of times).
__________________
CRF 100F 2004
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 13-09-2017
devans's Avatar
devans devans is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenaz View Post
News just in, 2015 KTM 200 exc has just landed (in my garage). Only has 15 hrs so super keen to double that ASAP.

Have already put some stegz pegz on, will put my handlebar and steering damper on at some stage too. Tomorrow she's off for some fresh hoops then hopefully a maiden voyage in Urbs next Sat.
Congrats. Didn't you recently by a Beta RR300?
__________________
2015 Sherco 300SEF-R Factory
Past: '73 Kawasaki KV75, '86 Suzuki RH250, '96 Husqvarna WR250, '76 Honda CR125 (Vintage MX), '11 Suzuki DR-Z70, '00 Kawasaki KDX200, 2015 Kawasaki KLX110.
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 14-09-2017
Keenaz's Avatar
Keenaz Keenaz is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Brisbane QLD
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by devans View Post
Congrats. Didn't you recently by a Beta RR300?
Nothing good ever comes of anyone remembering which bike I recently have bought, especially not my wife 😁

They seem to last about 8-10 months at the moment, so expect another "look what I just bought" post around EOFY 2018 haha
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 15-09-2017
Motoxfox Motoxfox is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 451
RE: "especially not my wife" ...
Buyer Strategy 2A - "I change my bike But I never change the colour of my bike" ....
so who's the wiser ?
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 15-09-2017
Jakobi's Avatar
Jakobi Jakobi is offline
dbw Pro Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,728
I swung a leg over a mates 500exc on the weekend.. comparing to another mates 200exc I'd say more is more for sure
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 15-09-2017
Keenaz's Avatar
Keenaz Keenaz is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Brisbane QLD
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxfox View Post
RE: "especially not my wife" ...
Buyer Strategy 2A - "I change my bike But I never change the colour of my bike" ....
so who's the wiser ?
The best was when I owned a KTM 250 exc 6 days and bought the exact same model in the 500. I was at work so bike got delivered to my wife at home... I get a call early afternoon

Wife: Your bike has arrived
Me: Great, does it look ok.
Wife: It looks exactly like the other one
Me: Yes but one is a 2t and the other a 4t, different motors offering a completely different ride experience
Wife: You're an idiot
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 16-09-2017
devans's Avatar
devans devans is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenaz View Post
Nothing good ever comes of anyone remembering which bike I recently have bought, especially not my wife



They seem to last about 8-10 months at the moment, so expect another "look what I just bought" post around EOFY 2018 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenaz View Post
The best was when I owned a KTM 250 exc 6 days and bought the exact same model in the 500. I was at work so bike got delivered to my wife at home... I get a call early afternoon



Wife: Your bike has arrived

Me: Great, does it look ok.

Wife: It looks exactly like the other one

Me: Yes but one is a 2t and the other a 4t, different motors offering a completely different ride experience

Wife: You're an idiot

Hahaha. Nice.
__________________
2015 Sherco 300SEF-R Factory
Past: '73 Kawasaki KV75, '86 Suzuki RH250, '96 Husqvarna WR250, '76 Honda CR125 (Vintage MX), '11 Suzuki DR-Z70, '00 Kawasaki KDX200, 2015 Kawasaki KLX110.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
250 exc club? hindenburg KTM Forum 966 18-04-2017 10:49 AM
Leatt GPX Club vs GPX Club 3 4stroker General Bike Related Discussion 2 31-07-2012 08:53 PM
Ride day? Club day? Ride club ride day thingy? In Vic? Rattler General Bike Related Discussion 8 26-02-2012 08:30 PM
Ktm exc 2 hunge........late model....free beer! TOE - CUTTER General Bike Related Discussion 47 29-10-2011 06:11 PM
Club day's WRPilot Quad & ATV Forum 1 14-05-2005 01:11 PM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.