dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Classified Ads - For DBW PRO Members only > Bikes & Quads

Bikes & Quads Only DBW PRO Members can advertise on DBW. Click here for more info.

Old 10-08-2006
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshNZ
how many hours all up has it done?

No idea, been through 1 or 2 pistons, so not much!
Club Mud #146'
'89 Hilux, All the fruit
'01 KTM 300 Exc - Sold
1982 Honda XL250R
Old 10-08-2006
dbw Pro

thanks mate,a very tidy bike thats for sure
Old 14-08-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogs
Then why wouldnt that logic also apply to someone who doesnt race who is selling? And I also dont underdtand how people think race bikes have been trashed-when I used to race the rings were changed before every race and the piston every other, like most others who raced. When you are racing your bike is everything-you cant afford to have something go wrong, so typically before every race the bikes are stripped down, re greased, torqued, checked and preped. Hardley seems trashing to me?
If I am looking at a bike that has been raced, I think of the hard yakka the bike has done...compared to a bike which hasn't been raced. Yes they are maintained well but you would expect the life span to be much shorter than a bike with less use and maintenance....

Just my two cents....
Old 15-08-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxin
If I am looking at a bike that has been raced, I think of the hard yakka the bike has done...compared to a bike which hasn't been raced. Yes they are maintained well but you would expect the life span to be much shorter than a bike with less use and maintenance....

Just my two cents....
Dont know mate-what hard yakka has a race bike done compared to any other bike? Plenty of people ride down the track every weekend but dont race-the only difference with the guys who race is on one of those weekends they attend a race....and keep their bikes in tip top shape. I just dont understand the stigma? I may well be wrong but at the mo I just cant see it?
Old 15-08-2006
dbw Pro Champion hillclimbing mountain goat.

i understand where both of you are comeing from but take it to the off track talk as this is weiners For Sale thread...
Old 16-08-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Sorry-like I said my comments were no reflection on his bike-its obviously immaculately maintained and an absolute bargain!! Just bought up a question I have often wondered.