dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki Forum

Suzuki Forum For the Yellow Terrors

Old 17-09-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Finally got the first decent ride in .

After my initial short ride a while ago I thought I was dreaming when I thought I could love a trail orientated bike again - well after the decent ride I am falling for this thing .

I was bit worried id be holding up the riding buddy but straight away the bike felt nice and easy to steer through the tight single track
Yes the bike is heavy - but its so light to steer and has a very low centre of gravity - it seems to steer and corner so well.

The first hill test came and I said I ll go first thinking I might struggle .
No way this thing is great on hills . I actually went better than normally and left the 450 riding buddy looking surprised behind.
The motor is smooth and torquey ride down low it just pulls so well. Its very easy to change direction and control with the extra low seat height .
The clutch is nice and light and with some applied it felt almost unstoppable. The grippy Gritty tyre hardly spun at all even is super dry conditions .. A lot different to my TE250 . Id say hill climbing wise on level 3 or so hills it didn't really lose out much to the husky/ktm - if at all.
Down hills are not so great and the clearance is a problem in ruts . Faster tracks and whoops were also not great but I don't mind keeping the pace down as its less tiring anyway - less risky .. Obstacles are still much more challenging .

Nearly back to the cars my riding buddy realised that he'd lost waist bag with his keys , new I phone and wallet. Lucky I was on the DR as I had enough fuel to go back to search for the bag .. We found the bag about 20 ks later and old mate was a very happy man .
We did 120 ks and I used 6.6 litres of fuel ! So well over 200 k range .
I think we both had a lot more respect for the DR after the ride .

So overall I had a great ride - soft seat , soft suspension, pleasant exhaust note , good economy and hill climbing ability . True its no race bike but its a lot of fun .

IMG_0852.jpg
Old 21-09-2017
dbw Pro Legend

I sold mine last year, but once the suspension was sorted it was a great bike for the gnarly stuff. I sent my forks and shock to Jay Foreman racing in Newcastle with a description of the weight it had to deal with and the style of riding I was doing. About $1000 well spent. I had to do something anyway, since the stock rear shock had collapsed. Figured if I had to spend money on it I might as well have decent suspension.

Here's a clip from 2014 when I was sweep rider at the Catombal rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7U3L3R68M
Old 21-09-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECKS-Man View Post
I sold mine last year, but once the suspension was sorted it was a great bike for the gnarly stuff. I sent my forks and shock to Jay Foreman racing in Newcastle with a description of the weight it had to deal with and the style of riding I was doing. About $1000 well spent. I had to do something anyway, since the stock rear shock had collapsed. Figured if I had to spend money on it I might as well have decent suspension.

Here's a clip from 2014 when I was sweep rider at the Catombal rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7U3L3R68M
Well done

I remember my old DRZ from the 80's - had a ball on it and it took me pretty much everywhere