dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 12-10-2017
Medium Rare's Avatar
Medium Rare Medium Rare is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
I was having lunch with Elvis today, he reckons they don't make burgers like they use to ....
Hahaha. Funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 12-10-2017
Medium Rare's Avatar
Medium Rare Medium Rare is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lost
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasmaniacs View Post
He said penal...
Followed closely by this. There are some funny ****** on this place
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 13-10-2017
normanator27 normanator27 is online now
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: paradise
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivisibility View Post
Ian someone gave some advice a while ago a wise man would heed.

In most States of Australia including Tasmania, if a person accused of a serious crime pleads guilty early in the process they can elect to waive a hearing or trial and go straight to sentencing.

below is a summation of the relevant section from the Tasmanian penal code. Now most of these state based codes (oft named "criminal and police code") hark back to not long after federation and are all but identical in use, if not nature.
Sorry but anyone and I mean anyone who had dealings with criminal court is aware of this. fer phuggs sake my own daughter went unrepresented (despite my protestations that her client was a fool)when she was only 18 knew enough of this to plead guilty after she was accused of serious assault which she did indeed do.....anyway she didn't cop a custodial as a result of early plea.
Now if Mary cannot even get that right and a bush lawyer type such as myself is aware of it, how much stock truly, how much of what she spews forth is utter crap? truly do you think she is likely to be right on much else.

As NP recently reminded me that if you base an argument upon a false premise it is moot from the very get-go, do not pass go, do not collect a get out of Gaol free pass

The first date that an accused person actually appears in the Supreme Court, unless they have applied for bail there, will almost certainly be on a "remand day".

This is a day, usually at the beginning of a period set by the court to hear criminal matters, when the Crown will mention a lot of matters to the Judge and make suggestions as to when they should be heard for trial or sentence; or the Crown may ask for a matter to be remanded off to another day when they will be more likely to know when they will be ready for trial or sentence.

When the Crown is finally ready to proceed, the accused will be brought before the court and their matter announced. The accused will be asked to plead to the charges read out from a document called an "indictment". An indictment is a piece of paper detailing the charges against the accused and is much like a complaint.

The only exception to this is when the accused has chosen to have their summary offence heard in the Supreme Court, in which case the charges will be read from the original complaint.

The effect is the same regardless of whether the charges are contained in a complaint or an indictment.

The accused may change their plea at any point in the proceedings. If the accused pleads "guilty" then he/she can either be sentenced then and there or be remanded off for sentence on another day. If the accused pleads "not guilty" then the trial officially begins at that point.

And then there was silence.
__________________
I love dirtbikes!!
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 13-10-2017
ian9toes ian9toes is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by normanator27 View Post
And then there was silence.
That is hilarious, what do you want me to say. I quoted a woman who claimed to have a law degree, turns out she was wrong.

What about all the points I made that were met with silence, particularly asking for proof of the mountains of evidence against Martyn, I got silence, so I asked again saying put up or shut up, again silence.

Do you care to point to the hard evidence against him, apparently DNA and finger prints, where are the links, what do all you guys know that no one else does. Some eyewitnesses described a man with pocks/achne scared skin making the other eyewitness far less credible. And I already provided proof how unreliable eyewitnesses are in general anyway, let alone after the media published his photo. Apparently one witness even described his clothing as the clothing worn in the newspaper photo.
__________________
__________________

"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."John 3:5
"Not one dyno run here has seen a 450 4T hit 8HP or a 500-530cc 4T hit 10HP at 3000rpm, EVERY KTM300 pull is over 12HP at the same revs." Expert Tuner
Current bike: 2013 Berg 300. Previous: 2006 KTM 300, 2004 KTM 250 EXC, Husky TE 350, DT 200, KDX 200, XT 200, XR 80, XR 75, RM 50
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 13-10-2017
Tom68's Avatar
Tom68 Tom68 is offline
dbw Pro Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbournes North West Suburbs
Posts: 10,297
Where's the evidence.
Well I wouldn't confine my searching to the www.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 14-10-2017
normanator27 normanator27 is online now
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: paradise
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian9toes View Post
That is hilarious, what do you want me to say. I quoted a woman who claimed to have a law degree, turns out she was wrong.
I didn't answer your post last night, as I was feeling somewhat festive by the time I read it, being friday and all.......

I'm glad you found that funny, because it was a comment made in jest.

However, admitting you were wrong on that point would be a good way to add some respectability to your argument IMHO. You must admit that what you're arguing, if true, is pretty outrageous.

I have not made, and am not making any statement on the veracity of your views on the port arthur incident or the court case, because I really don't know anything about the particular details of the shooting, or the events that followed. I'm just an interested spectator, and advocate for reasonable debate.
__________________
I love dirtbikes!!
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 15-10-2017
ian9toes ian9toes is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by normanator27 View Post
You must admit that what you're arguing, if true, is pretty outrageous.

Extremely outrageous, but the inconsistencies and coincidences surrounding the event are fairly outrageous as well.


People here have claimed there is mountains of evidence against Martyn, but when pushed all we have is eyewitnesses and his guilty plea, no hard evidence. As I quoted previously;

"Innocence Project researchers have reported that 73 percent of the 239 convictions overturned through DNA testing were based on eyewitness testimony. One third of these overturned cases rested on the testimony of two or more mistaken eyewitnesses."


We see eyewitness statements are unreliable without the suspects photo being plastered all over the front pages of newspapers, how much more unreliable are they going to be after a media "trial".

Then there is the confession taken from the equivalent of an eleven year old mind, after nearly 6 months of interrogation.

I don't know what Martyn was promised for his confession but some reckon he was promised a colour TV, I don't know how they could be privy to that information though.

With the mind of an eleven year old and after nearly 6 months of being locked up with stints in solitary confinement, he may have started thinking he was never getting out no matter how many times he told them he didn't do it, might as well plead guilty and get the interrogator off your back.


Taken from here:

https://www.innocenceproject.org/whe...-plead-guilty/


31 people collectively served over 150 years prison time for crimes they didn't commit, they pleaded guilty to avoid longer sentences and were later exonerated through DNA testing. (Paraphrased)



Jerry Frank Townsend

, a man with severe mental disabilities, falsely confessed and pled guilty to six murders and one rape in Florida in the 1970s and was sentenced to life in prison. He served nearly 22 years before DNA testing led to his exoneration.



David Vasquez

served four years in prison for a 1984 Virginia murder he didn’t commit. Vasquez, who is borderline mentally impaired, allegedly made a false admissions of guilt during a police interrogation and pled guilty in exchange for a 35-year sentence. He was exonerated in 1989.
__________________
__________________

"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."John 3:5
"Not one dyno run here has seen a 450 4T hit 8HP or a 500-530cc 4T hit 10HP at 3000rpm, EVERY KTM300 pull is over 12HP at the same revs." Expert Tuner
Current bike: 2013 Berg 300. Previous: 2006 KTM 300, 2004 KTM 250 EXC, Husky TE 350, DT 200, KDX 200, XT 200, XR 80, XR 75, RM 50
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 15-10-2017
philm philm is offline
dbw Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hunter Valley
Posts: 314
Ray Martin made some enquiries into the conspiracy theories last year and talked to some people who have dealt with Martin Bryant since the shootings. A psych nurse that dealt with Bryant said

“He laughs at violent stories on the nightly news,” the nurse told me. “And when I ask why he says ‘I just think they’re funny’. He describes in appalling detail how he killed some of those innocent people at Port Arthur. He’s disgusting.”

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...ce216b526986b8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shooting Seagulls Vertigo4u Off Track Talk 2 12-01-2015 11:31 PM
another u.s. shooting dalboy Off Track Talk 60 13-05-2013 04:37 PM
Vegas...what happens in Vegas.....is just plain phsyco bjs Off Track Talk 6 02-11-2010 11:18 AM
Shooting in Neerim Jetto General Bike Related Discussion 3 10-08-2008 10:08 PM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.