dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > GasGas Forum

GasGas Forum Proudly sponsored by DIRTWORKS SUSPENSION

Old 04-10-2017
dbw Pro Champion

I own a VOR 'cause it's not worth selling: It's OK but it needs a 6th gear to haul arse & if ever I drown it I've no choice but to leave it there.
That bike has made me very reluctant & skeptical of such-like small shops/factories due to their apparently questionable means & economics.
Yet I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Beta 300 2t. Provided I were able to get the bike at a real bargain, factoring in my own re-sale depreciation.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 04-10-2017
dbw Pro

I can only see positives in the future for GasGas. Torrot seems to have plenty of money to put into the research and development for the new bikes and they seem to be taking a sensible approach to growing the brand. They need to make a decent 4 stroke if they really want to increase their market share and that is one of their main priorities for now. That and a new 2 stroke engine to meet Euro 5.

Torrot make electric bicycles, scooters and mini bikes for kids so it's a natural fit for them to have a motorcycle brand for the future transition into electric motorbikes. So it seems that they are keen on growing the brand globally.

GasGas bikes seem to have a fairly good reputation and the new bikes should sell themselves so they really just need to get the bikes out there on the floor of some dealers. In the past GasGas have actually had more dealers out there than Beta so there is no reason why they can't do just as well.

They need to show people that parts availability will not be an issue. And they need to get some Gasser ride days happening.

The new importer seems to be saying the right things at least.

"We look forward to a long relationship with Gas Gas and we are committed to support our customers and dealership network. Media events, shows and customer experience days are being scheduled for the second half of 2017 as well as entering racing programs such as the VORC and AORC,” says Joseph Elasmar, Urban Moto Imports CEO.
Old 12-10-2017
dbw Pro Addict

All Gasgas Needs is Better Marketing

Gasgas is almost the answer to the question.....

“When are the Japanese making a Two Stroke Enduro bike?”

They won’t be hard to sell to a good dealer network and smart customers.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.
It will be actioned much faster than sending a PM to me or another moderator.

2018 KTM & Husky 250/300 JD Jetting Kits now in stock!
Old 13-10-2017
dbw Pro Legend

I had never heard of Gasgas before looking for a dirt bike a few years ago. After looking at 2, I could tell they were great bikes, hence I bought the second. I had also gleened that they were a bit different and most that had one were enthusiastic owners.

I don't like to follow the flock, and when I saw the Nambo, it was love

Anyway, I'm just reiterating the point that they are really great bikes that just need to be marketed effectively.

Whilst I like being one of the cool kids that owns a gasser, having some clout behind the brand will benefit all owners. It will also retain us as owners. I'm sure many have jumped ship over the years because of poor/lack of service/dealers and parts accessibility etc. I've considered it but like the brand too much, so hoping the future is bright like it seems to be.
Old 13-10-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Gassers need more than marketing

First up the brand needs more than 5 years between stuff ups, going broken or changing importers

Some how they need to offer a great deal to dealers, if they can find any that are prepared to change over to a brand that does not sell or produce the numbers to make it work.

The bikes are not bad my old Gasser handled great, parts ok by compared to yammie or KTM nowhere the choice of bits, or any brand recognition

That is build up over years of good service and for many its come with there first bike( kids Play Bikes)

It took KTM allot of years to get were they are

The Japs mostly because of loyalist and kids bikes and they have not given up on MX scene, apart from WR model, Japs are gone in the enduro market.

so if think about it....." Tell him hes dreaming" comes to mind

Gassers will come and go in AU
Old 13-10-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
Gassers need more than marketing

First up the brand needs more than 5 years between stuff ups, going broken or changing importers

Some how they need to offer a great deal to dealers, if they can find any that are prepared to change over to a brand that does not sell or produce the numbers to make it work.

The bikes are not bad my old Gasser handled great, parts ok by compared to yammie or KTM nowhere the choice of bits, or any brand recognition

That is build up over years of good service and for many its come with there first bike( kids Play Bikes)

It took KTM allot of years to get were they are

The Japs mostly because of loyalist and kids bikes and they have not given up on MX scene, apart from WR model, Japs are gone in the enduro market.

so if think about it....." Tell him hes dreaming" comes to mind

Gassers will come and go in AU
I agree mate, and I'm about pro GG as they come.

A lot more to being successful than marketing.. and it's not really to do with how well the bike works either.

Marketing ultimately helps in creating demand, which aint worth a pile of shit if you can't supply, and unfortunately that is where the brand has continually failed. Not in spare parts either; I've never had any issue with parts, but with actual bikes available in the country, at a dealer, when you have the coin to buy the model your heart is set on.

They need bikes, in volume, available with the rest of every other brand.. only then is there even any point marketing the brand.
Old 13-10-2017
dbw Pro Champion

quote=ggg...... so if think about it....." Tell him hes dreaming"
Spain is the land of the siesta: There's quite a few dreamers there.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 13-10-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyone View Post
I own a VOR 'cause it's not worth selling: It's OK but it needs a 6th gear to haul arse & if ever I drown it I've no choice but to leave it there.
That bike has made me very reluctant & skeptical of such-like small shops/factories due to their apparently questionable means & economics.
Yet I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Beta 300 2t. Provided I were able to get the bike at a real bargain, factoring in my own re-sale depreciation.
Your Hairyness, I can trade VORs on BETAs
Old 14-10-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interloper View Post
I've been toying with the idea of trying a 2T 250 or 200 lately and have seen what's available in KTM, Husqy, TM, Beta and Yamaha and one thing is clear, the 2017 gasser looks better than all of them!

I'm not sure about the practical differences but the gasser bikes look the best, even better than Beta which are pretty good. I'm not just talking aesthetic looks either. They just look like better bikes. The standard models look like 6 days/factory editions of the other brands, but better in many instances.

Surely if they were marketed and had better service they'd be much more successful

P.S: I'm seriously interested in a 2017 GG 200 or 250. Are there improvements in the 18 models that are worth paying and wating for?
I did also state better service is required, meaning bike and parts availability etc. If you don't create demand through marketing there's no point sending bikes all that way. That's probably why they've onlg shipped small numbers here in the past.

I doubt they see us as an important market.
Old 14-10-2017
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interloper View Post
I'm not sure about the practical differences but the gasser bikes look the best, even better than Beta which are pretty good. I'm not just talking aesthetic looks either. They just look like better bikes. The standard models look like 6 days/factory editions of the other brands, but better in many instances.
The XC250 looks horn, reminds me of the '14 KTM's. Really liked the '17 aesthetics of the Beta's, hate the 18 change. Same for the current huskies, that massive one piece side panel and the handguards are putrid.